Nonprofit Talent (NPT) is committed to uplifting mission driven organizations through healthy leadership transitions. Our strength is in identifying exceptional candidates to lead programs and people.
Founded as a retained executive search firm in 2013, NPT focuses exclusively on the nonprofit, philanthropic, and social sectors. NPT has engaged in 140 successful searches with a 100% placement rate and 96% retention rate. Of those hires, 60% were women and 35% were people of color.
Nonprofit Talent is accepting resumes from consultants that would like to join our team.
Description of a Contractor with NPT
Led by Michelle Pagano Heck, President, our network of professionals have strengths in various aspects of the executive search process. From marketing to finance to search specialist, the consultants in our network leverage their skills to bring greater service to our clients. Our engagement model allows our consultants to be flexible with their time and expertise while having ready access to our professional support team. Each Executive Search that we lead is customized to meet the needs of our client, thus we assemble teams to meet those specific needs.
Our contracted Search Specialists intersect with our services in the following ways:
- Writing and editing
- Research, to include organizational research and candidate research
- Referral Source Identification
- Reference and Background Research
- Candidate background vetting through research and interviews
- Client support with meetings
On average, contractors will engage with us 30 hours per month with 85% of the work being remotely and at during hours convenient for the contractor.
What We Seek
- Dynamic, community minded professionals to join our team in a consultative capacity.
- Individuals with varied professional experiences, diverse work histories and demonstrated commitment to the nonprofit community.
- Professionals that have been or are currently contractors and/or consultants by choice.
- Flexible working hours, with the ability to take on or decline work as per the needs of NPT and the client schedule.
Attributes of Success
- Previous nonprofit leadership experience.
- Comfortable in working environments that are self-directed.
- Flexibility to accept last minute assignments, or conversely, have periods with no assignments.
- Outstanding writing abilities. Writing that is structured creative and always grammatically correct.
- A natural leader that establishes trust quickly.
- Integrity and trust beyond reproach. Composure in all situations, even when under stress.
- Personal values that include acceptance of differences, generosity, compassion, honesty, enthusiasm, and humility.
- Strong administrative skills.
Nonprofit Talent pays contractors on an hourly basis with submitted, detailed invoices provided by the contractor. We pay on a monthly basis. As there is a high degree of administrative responsibility in this position, please share your rate for administrative tasks when applying.
How to Apply
Apply via this candidate portal. Include your updated résumé, a cover letter that details your work as a consultant and why you want to join the Nonprofit Talent team.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY JULY 6, 2021
While we are not hiring employees, we maintain strong principals of equality and equity with our contractors. We seek contractors that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability. Inclusive and equitable in our work and practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all.
To apply for this job please visit nonprofittalent.applytojob.com.