Building strong families today for a stronger community tomorrow
Coraopolis Youth Creations (CYC) is a community based organization dedicated to building community and strengthening family through youth enrichment.
We are currently looking to fill a few seats on our Board of Directors: Secretary, Treasurer and Board Members for terms of two years.
The CYC Board of Directors provides strategic direction and assistance to the organization to successfully achieve its mission, goals and objectives.
CYC board members are committing to giving their time, talents and financial support.
The Treasurer ensures that the organizations finances are in order according to federal regulations , the Board is well informed and that financial activities are well documented. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serves on the Executive Committee.
- Handles the money with high standards and set a tone of integrity.
- Reconcile Bank Statements
- Produce reports for applications and funders
- Manage the filings.
- Keep a calendar of filing requirements and assign responsibility. Late fees and penalties can be very costly and diminish stakeholder confidence.
- File Form 990
- Identify and manage risk and Take the lead in safeguarding your organization’s assets, data, and personal information.
- Confirm contributions and ensure A prompt thank you letter that includes what donors need for tax purposes is sent
- Track volunteer time
- Plan and evaluate with a budget
- Prepare timely financial reports and provide explanations during board meetings
- Recruit the next treasurer, develop succession and training plan
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.