Columbus College of Art & Design’s Development Corporate Engagement and Annual Giving Coordinator is responsible for the coordination and execution of our annual giving program and our relationships with corporate giving programs. Reporting to and working directly with the Associate Vice President for Development, the Corporate Engagement and Annual Giving Coordinator will play a vital role in supporting the Development Team’s comprehensive efforts to build strong donor relationships that benefit our students, faculty, and programs. This is accomplished primarily through meeting or exceeding the annual fund and corporate giving fundraising goals; acknowledging, stewarding and growing annual fund and corporate contributions; supporting cultivation and stewardship events; representing the organization to donors, vendors, and the public; and maintaining the donor database. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, entrepreneurial, and willing to take ownership of critical duties. They will manage a portfolio of 125 individual prospects and donors, and facilitate the Development Team’s relationship with new and existing corporate donors. The Corporate Engagement and Annual Giving Coordinator is a key figure in the overall success of CCAD’s fundraising program and reports to the Associate Vice President for Development.
Associate Vice President for Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and implement a strategic plan of action with objectives, timelines and evaluation plans for the annual giving program, to include identification, cultivation and solicitation of annual gifts from alumni, parents, friends, faculty and staff
- Design and conduct solicitation programs via direct mail and online giving, including the Family Campaign. Ensure gifts of this nature are renewed; implement monthly giving and mid-level donor programs; work in coordination with the Donor Relations Manager to ensure donors are properly recognized
- In collaboration with the AVP of Development, build and manage a portfolio of 125 individual and corporate donors with capacity between $5,000 and $25,000
- Maintains constituent names, addresses, and other biographical data in Raiser’s Edge according to standard policies, best practices, and established procedures
- Work with internal and external campus partners (e.g., President’s Office, Marketing and Communications, Corporate & Community Partnerships, Deans, Department Chairs) to ensure personal and consistent messaging and positive donor experiences.
- Benchmark and continually improve non-gift transaction metrics within the overall donor engagement process
- With the AVP for Development, develop a long-term roadmap for achieving annual giving performance goals, while also implementing the short-term strategies that address immediate strengths and weaknesses of the programs as they develop
- Assists AVP for Development with research, outreach, and coordination of corporate prospects and donors, and collaborates with other external-facing departments in the college’s relationship with corporate partners
- Assists AVP for Development and the Director of Major Gifts with prospect research and management efforts, conducting screenings in iWave, entering results in Raiser’s Edge, and recording prospect data according to standard policies, best practices, and established procedures
- Assists Donor Relations Manager with donor relations and stewardship efforts (e.g., acknowledgements, communications, events, reports, etc.) and records stewardship data according to standard policies, best practices, and established procedures
- Serve as an advocate for CCAD annual and corporate giving programs to staff, faculty, students and donors
- Foster the growth of best practices in the supporting areas of gift processing, data management and donor relations as related to annual and corporate giving
- Stay abreast of annual giving and corporate philanthropic trends, and strategies including social media and other digital fundraising tactics
- Participates in Development events as a representative of the Development Team
- Other special projects and duties, as may be assigned from time to time
- Demonstrate analytical and fundraising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high pay-off activities and prioritize them to attain goals
- Service-oriented attitude, both toward internal partners and external constituents
- Professionalism in written and verbal communications
- Attention to detail, organization, accuracy, and accountability
- Balanced commitment to internal transparency and external confidentiality
- Excellent project and peer management skills
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Ability to remain flexible while prioritizing multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand constituents needs, both internally and externally, and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner
- Goal-oriented, with a high level of initiative
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- At least 1 year experience in non-profit role, preferably in development and/or higher education preferred
- Administrative skills including standard record-keeping and typical equipment use (copying, collating, sorting, filing, etc.)
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace
This position is full-time. Compensation is commensurate on experience and qualifications. CCAD offers a benefits package including: vacation time, additional paid time off while the college is closed during winter break, sick time accrual, health and dental insurance, life and disability insurance, 403B retirement contribution, tuition remission, free campus parking, and free admission to the Columbus Museum of Art.
How to Apply
Visit www.ccad.applicantpro.com/jobs/ to submit your application. When asked to upload application materials, please submit a resume/CV and a cover letter. If you are applying from any website other than CCAD or Indeed, you will receive a follow up email 3 hours after your initial submission directing you to follow the link and complete your application. You must complete this two-step process, or your application will be considered INCOMPLETE.
About CCAD: Columbus College of Art & Design, founded in 1879, is one of the oldest and largest private art and design colleges in the United States with more than 1,100 undergraduate and graduate students. Undergraduate students choose from 12 majors: With strong exhibition and visiting artists programs and a commitment to the integration of business and art, CCAD is a leader in art and design education.
About Columbus: Columbus is among the Top 10 best U.S. cities for new college grads and one of the top 10 creative scenes in the country as well as one of the 15 most affordable cities in the U.S. As one of the nation’s largest college towns Columbus is the type of city where creative activities flourish. There are eight distinct cultural districts that surround CCAD and there are more than 165 restaurants, pubs, and clubs in downtown alone. CCAD is a campus community located in the heart of this vibrant city.
EEO Statement: As an educational and cultural institution, a culture of equity and inclusion is not an add- on at CCAD, rather it is central to how we define creative excellence and the health of our institution. CCAD believes that a culturally diverse campus is integral to academic excellence, and our student, faculty, staff, and trustee bodies should reflect the diverse world in which we live, with attention to race, ethnicity, religious creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and ability. CCAD sees Art & Design as universally inclusive and inherently unbiased. CCAD is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
To apply for this job please visit www.ccad.applicantpro.com.