Dentons Cohen & Grigsby P.C.
Website Dentons Cohen & Grigsby P.C.
Dentons Cohen & Grigsby is seeking a business-minded lawyer with excellent academic credentials to join our sophisticated Nonprofit Industry Team. This is a great opportunity for a lawyer with community interests to join a dynamic, rewarding industry with a flexible schedule. The ideal candidate will be business-minded, hardworking, solution-based, an excellent writer, thoughtful, marketing focused, and personable with a willingness to learn the laws applicable to tax-exempt organizations. The ideal candidate will have experience with and/or interest in board service and community engagement. This is a great opportunity to work with dedicated lawyers who are passionate about their work.
Responsibilities and Practice
- Draft key documents relating to the formation and governance of nonprofit organizations
- Identify and research unique issues facing tax-exempt organizations
- Serve as outside general counsel providing ongoing daily advice
- Review contracts, employment and consulting agreements, grant making policy and agreements and fundraising campaign planning
- Help manage client relationships regarding a broad array of business and transactional matters
- Attend Board Meetings and record minutes
- Follow industry trends and draft articles and white papers
- Follow local trends within nonprofit community
- Attend and participate in various marketing programs
- Utilize social media outlets to raise profile and track client and community activities and opportunities
- Familiarity with corporate transactions, bylaws, non-profits, counseling and drafting documents
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org