Organizational Summary: Global Links is a medical relief and development organization dedicated to supporting health improvement initiatives in resource-poor communities and promoting environmental stewardship in the US healthcare system.
We believe everyone has value and deserves to be included equally. We believe everyone is our neighbor and we are dedicated to helping all people live with dignity, independence, mobility and in good health. Global Links is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks diverse candidates.
This position provides leadership to the organization’s efforts to obtain financial and other support to sustain its work, including annual giving, approaches to individuals, foundations, and corporations while leading development & execution of a fundraising and communications plan. Manages the overall communications and promotional functions to construct, build and market an appropriate image and brand in the community; develop ties with the community, and achieve engagement goals. Formulates and implements plans to meet the organization’s short- and long-term objectives. Reports to the Executive Director.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and grow a comprehensive individual giving program including annual giving and recurring gifts; work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to cultivate and secure major and planned gifts
- Develop, implement and create budget for a fundraising and communications plan with accompanying monthly calendars coordinating efforts of the entire Devo team
- Supervise and coach development team staff (PT Outreach & Engagement Manager) (and half time of 4 other staff members); lead Devo team meetings
- Work effectively with team of GL consultants; with our IT/Salesforce consultant work to best utilize and report on donor and engagement data
- Serve as staff liaison to the board Sustainability Committee; work with chair to draft agendas and provide minutes/reports
- Support Executive Director in managing foundation relationships, writing grant proposals and reports and managing reporting and proposal calendar as part of comprehensive development plan
- With Devo team input, create and maintain print and digital content adhering to GL style guide, including the monthly e-newsletter, semi-annual print newsletter, annual report, website content, impact stories, etc.
- Develop and manage cultivation and small fundraising events
- Write appeals and create donor lists both in house for major donor segments and working with printers/mail services for regular and mid-level donor segments
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of Global Links mission and programs
- Strong interpersonal skills including proven relationship building and supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, English fluency required
- Experience with Salesforce, Mailchimp, or other CRM, database or fundraising and communications programs
- Self-motivated and able to work well in a team environment as well as an individual contributor with high self-motivation
- Strong organizational & time management skills; attention to detail while maintaining focus on strategic goals
- Proficiency in Google Office Applications
- Ability to prioritize and switch tasks in a fast paced environment
- Creative thinker with ability to plan and execute ideas
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in community or international development or public health a plus
- Experience in health setting or overseas experience a plus
- Experience volunteering
Mid to upper 40’s p/year with a competitive benefits package and generous schedule of paid holidays
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1 with “Job Application” in subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com