DOORS Open Pittsburgh
Website DOORS Open Pittsburgh
Embrace Your Nebbiness
The development associate is responsible for assisting in and supporting grant writing and fundraising operations for DOORS OPEN Pittsburgh. This is not a marketing position.
Founded in 2016, DOORS OPEN Pittsburgh is a 501c3 organization. Our mission is to educate and stimulate the exploration and appreciation of Pittsburgh’s architecture, history and design heritage, by providing unique behind-the-scenes, or some experiential access to significant buildings across the City’s diverse neighborhoods and business district. We do so by presenting tours/events throughout the year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in developing funding roadmap.
- Writes grant requests and proposals as necessary.
- Works to acquire new donors and manages a donor database; keeps in regular contact with donors during fundraising events.
- Maintains the accuracy and integrity of databases by ensuring that all information is kept current and up to date.
- Provides support to form various committees and volunteers during fundraising campaigns and events.
- Assists in scheduling meetings with prospective funders and donors.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Displays exceptional time-management and organizational skills as needed for meeting deadlines.
- Shows persuasiveness and the ability to procure donors, funders and items needed for fundraising efforts.
- Demonstrates a professional demeanor whether speaking to others in person, over the phone, via email or through letters.
- Works well alone as well as under direct supervision.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience in related field.
- Two to three years’ experience in grant writing and fundraising.
- Experience in organizing fundraising events is preferred but not always required.
- Contacts at local foundations, nonprofits, corporations and individual philanthropists is preferred
- Part-time (weekly hours will fluctuate depending on grant/fundraising cycle)
- Minimum of 5 hours per week
- Virtual office
- Bi-weekly meetings with Executive Director
- $28,000 – $35,000 pending experience
To apply for this job email your details to BONNIE@DOORSOPENPGH.ORG