DOORS Open Pittsburgh
Website DOORS Open Pittsburgh
Embrace Your Nebbiness
DOORS OPEN Pittsburgh celebrates our unique architecture and history by providing historical tours inside iconic buildings and cool new spaces, as well as offering virtual storytelling experiences.
We believe the best way to understand and appreciate our city’s history is to be immersed inside our buildings.
We make it easy and accessible for all to explore, be curious, and learn how to appreciate not just the architecture, but the architect; not just the owner, but their contributions to our industries; not just the habitants, but their cultures.
Our historical tours invite the public to go behind-the-scenes with us, hear lesser-known stories, or just simply explore these buildings as we peek into the treasured architecture that unfolds the history of Pittsburgh.
The most critical qualifications for new board members are enthusiastic interest and a commitment to our mission to develop appreciation of our city’s heritage and architecture. For the term beginning in June 2021, special consideration will be given to candidates with experience in marketing, fundraising and grant-writing, or leadership and strategic planning. Board members should have an interest in cultivating and growing relationships. Previous service on a non-profit board is preferred but not required.in
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs, including, but not limited to, attending at least (1) virtual event, (1) in-person tour/event annually.
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission.
- Leverage connections, networks, and resources to develop collective action to fully achieve the organization’s mission.
- Give a meaningful personal financial donation (there is no minimum).
- Consistently participate in board meetings (typically every 5-7 weeks).
- Maintain confidentiality about all internal matters of the organization.
Underrepresented candidates, including black and non-black people of color, people with disabilities, speakers of languages besides English, and people who identify as LGBTQ+, are strongly encouraged to apply. Interested candidates should send a letter of interest and resume to Bonnie Baxter, Executive Director @ firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com