DREAMS OF HOPE (DOH), founded in 2003, is Pittsburgh’s premier arts-focused organization for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, asexual, and allied (LGBTQIA+) youth. Through the power of the arts, Dreams of Hope provides young people a welcoming environment to grow in confidence, express themselves, develop as leaders, and learn to make positive changes in their communities.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall success of the organization and is empowered to make decisions on behalf of DOH, as appropriate. The Executive Director is the face of DOH and the point person responsible for building and maintaining relationships with funders and like-minded organizations. The Executive Director, along with the staff, collaborate on setting the vision. The Executive Director is responsible for securing funding and setting budgets to sustain a high performing, viable organization.
- Works with the Board and staff to ensure DOH’s mission remains relevant to and focused on the needs of the LBGTQIA+ youth community.
- Leads the development of broad-based foundation, government, and private funding streams to allow DOH to remain self-sufficient. Ensures that the organization’s fiscal integrity remains intact.
- Establishes and monitor policies and operating procedures that ensure the organization is living up to its vision and meeting its strategic and operational goals.
- Develops appropriate, timely information to reach sound policy decisions.
- Leads all activities in the overall planning and execution of all fundraising campaigns: capital, donor, planned giving, and major gifts.
- Diversifies and grows funding streams while maintaining relationships with current funders.
- Develops and implements policies and strategies that further the mission and ensures that the organization has the financial resources necessary to meet the needs of the communities served.
- Collaborates with the staff to develop meaningful working relations with the schools it serves and the LBGTQIA+ community to promote and execute the mission of DOH.
- Develops strong partnerships that allow monitoring of developments in the community that may affect DOH’s youth and partners.
- Collaborates with the Artistic and Education Program Directors to plan and coordinate volunteer activities and communications with participating youth, youth leaders, and community members committed to DOH’s mission.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of 5 – 7 years’ management experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in strategic and community planning, arts administration or education, fundraising, donor appeal solicitation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in finance and budgeting; leadership; and working with a nonprofit Board of Directors.
- Experience in a leadership position with an organization focused specifically on the LGBTQIA+ community strongly preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in anti-racist work.
- Coalition building skills, including the ability to motivate, negotiate, and persuade stakeholders into a course of action.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, to analyze and solve complex problems, and to exercise sound judgment.
- A desire to continually learn and develop professionally while exhibiting respect for diverse viewpoints.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships with diverse populations.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and public speaking.
- High degree of energy, creativity, and a strong sense of integrity.
- Strong team player.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, and Salesforce.
- Pennsylvania Act 33/34 and FBI clearances are required.
- Reports to: Board of Directors
- Title of Direct Reports: Office Manager
- Works collaboratively with: Artistic and Educational Program Directors
- 1) Works in a virtual office setting 2) Frequently required to work at a fast pace 3) Evening and weekend work required.
- Compensation: Commensurate with experience, plus benefits package
Please forward cover letter and resume as one document to: EDSearch@dreamsofhope.org
Include title of position you are applying for in the subject line.
POSTING CLOSES AT 5:00 PM ON Monday, November 30, 2020
To apply for this job email your details to EDsearch@dreamsofhope.org