Serving those facing the impacts of poverty since 1970, East End Cooperative Ministry (EECM) is dedicated to helping the homeless, frail, chronically ill; the hungry; at-risk children and youth; and others in need throughout Pittsburgh. (Please see agency’s website, www.eecm.org)
This part-time position exists to perform all assigned HR and finance associated duties, along with our ADP HR and Payroll advisors through the ADP Comprehensive Client Services and finance department, in an accurate, efficient, confidential and timely manner; to staff the administration wing desk; and to handle calls and greet visitors in a friendly and professional manner. This part-time position reports to the Director of Finance.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Process new hires, e.g., ACA letters, I-9 E-Verify, clearances, etc.
- Write and post job openings. Maintain job descriptions and postings for all positions
- Review resumes received and phone screen candidates for certain jobs
- Continuously maintain staff information in ADP, including salary, position changes, address updates, payroll deductions, etc.
- Complete federal PAP reports (October/November annually)
- Train new staff on entering hours on ADP’s Time & Attendance and Time Off modules
- Hold regular meetings with the ADP HR Specialist to keep the Personnel policy manual up to date. Send updates to staff as necessary.
- Take all employment related phone calls, emails, correspondence, etc., from job seekers and employment agencies
- Receive and respond to all employment verification requests
- Receive all resumes; Meet with all new employees to establish human resource file; Maintain accurate, complete and current human resource files
- Document and track leave time as defined by law, e.g., Workers Comp and FMLA (paid and unpaid) and keep accurate records;
- Meet with and advise program directors and supervisors of the proper procedures for all staff documentation, e.g., evaluations, write-ups, probation, suspension, termination and maintain all of those records;
- Terminate employees, as appropriate, maintaining proper documentation and generate related paperwork;
- Prepare new employee packets with the assurance of the adherence of all labor/tax laws and update as needed; Complete and file all paperwork concerning unemployment compensation, workers compensation, Social Security, Court ordered documents, etc., and act as that point person
- Prepare documentation for and attend Unemployment Compensation hearings along with the ADP unemployment liaison
- Meet with appropriate brokers and prepare insurance applications for agency
- Consult with attorney re human resource issue(s), when necessary
- Generate OIG/Exclusions List reports
- Keep in confidence all data/names/addresses/donation amounts, etc., as well as all human resources and operations information
- Serve as Safety Committee Chair. Complete and file all Safety Committee annual renewals with the Dept of Labor. Complete Safety Committee forms and workplace safety monthly reports.
- Manage phone system including Automated Attendant and phone directory updates.
- Maintain positive and professional relationship with vendors
- Perform timely staff and volunteer FBI, criminal background, driver record checks
- Coordinate Open Enrollment meeting and complete ensuing paperwork for healthcare, dental, vision, FSA, DCSA, Aflac
- Answer telephone courteously, patiently, and in a timely fashion and direct calls to appropriate persons; Greet and help visitors; Become familiar with inside and outside sources, telephone numbers, hours of service, services offered, etc., in order to properly refer callers/visitors
- Post and mail all outgoing mail; Accept/sign for packages and distribute contents properly; Track core supplies and submit reorder; Keep work area and admin work room tidy and organized; Run Postage and Copier Reports on the 1st of the month for Financial Director
- Keep Front Desk Quick Reference Guide and How-To Manual accurate and up-to-date; Prepare documents for shredding
- Perform special event duties, as needed; Attend all regularly scheduled staff meetings and assigned training sessions.
Qualifications are but are not limited to:
Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5 years of HR and office experience or any combination of experience and training, as approved; Must be able to work office hours, generally 8:30 am until 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday; Must have excellent grammar and spelling skills; Must be able to proofread effectively and efficiently; Must be able to speak clearly and succinctly; Excellent computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, etc.; Good knowledge of office equipment, e.g., telephone system, copy and postage machines; Must be able to keep acquired information confidential and be able to maintain proper boundaries; Must be a quick learner, self-starter, dependable, personable, helpful, patient, be able to handle a full-plate plus and have common sense and good judgment; Must be able to lift 20 pounds and be able to climb steps in a hurried and safe fashion; Desire to work in a busy office; Have Act 33 and 34 clearances.
Interested and qualified candidates may apply in confidence by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. In addition, please send completed Employment Application by downloading that document at http://www.eecm.org/job-opportunities/.
Please email, fax, or mail all documents to:
Job Will Remain Open Until Filled
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to HR@eecm.org