East End Cooperative Ministry (EECM) is looking for a part time 25-30 hours per week detail-oriented accountant to perform a variety of accounting functions, including, but not limited to completing payments and controlling expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The accountant will assign invoices to proper cost centers, work with vendors to resolve past due invoices, and reconcile monthly vendor statements. This role works closely with agency departmental staff, the CEO and Director of Finance on various fiscal projects, as well as external auditors for various financial statement and other audits. This is a part-time non-exempt position that reports directly to the Director of Finance.
EECM has been building a community of opportunity in Pittsburgh since 1970. We are dedicated to helping vulnerable adults and at-risk children and youth throughout our Pittsburgh neighborhoods. EECM seeks to make a difference in the lives of the individuals and families it serves by tending to their needs for today as well as their hopes for tomorrow. EECM offers educational programs, drug and alcohol prevention programs, violence prevention programs. If you are passionate about helping other people and trying to make the world a better place, this position will satisfy those goals, as well as provide an exciting, flexible, and challenging work environment
- Compile and review source documents, such as vendor invoices, expenses, and cash receipts, for completeness and accuracy.
- Verify that vouchers submitted by staff match invoice data, are signed, and approved department manager prior to entry.
- Post vouchers and invoices for disbursement in accounting system daily to appropriate cost center and general ledger code.
- Allocate disbursements to departments via distribution codes in accounting system.
- Submit weekly ap batch for review to Finance Specialist/Director of Finance.
- Submit vouchers/invoices to CEO/Director of Finance for review/approval.
- Prepare accounts payable checks weekly.
- Print checks and submit to CEO for signature.
- Mail all payments in accordance with agency policies and invoice requirements.
- Follow-up on missing voucher documentation.
- Follow-up on missing invoices and other delinquent items shown on vendor statements.
- File vouchers and maintain all files/filing system in fiscal office.
- Collect W-9s from appropriate vendors.
- Provide voucher training to current and new staff, as appropriate.
- Prepare for/participate in governmental and annual audits.
- Transfer files to storage.
- Keep in confidence all data, accounting, payroll and human resource matters.
- Attend staff meetings and seminars, as approved/directed.
- Other tasks as deemed necessary by the Director of Finance.
- Associated degree in business/accounting and or 3 years’ experience.
- Previous experience with MIP accounting systems
- Accurate with a high attention to detail.
- Upbeat can-do attitude with ability to multitask.
- Must be self-directed and efficient with strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and organizational skills.
- Must keep all accounting/payroll/human resources matters in confidence.
- State background check and Act 33 &34 clearance (conducted day of hire).
To apply for this job email your details to cindyc@EECM.ORG