EECM changes the lives of people facing the impacts of poverty
Reports to: President and CEO
East End Cooperative Ministry (EECM) is looking for a Financial Director who directs and oversees all of the fiscal activities of the agency including but not limited to: month end close, preparation of monthly financial statements, assist in preparation of annual budget, general ledger and oversight of data flow into the accounting system, payroll processing, government compliance, and supervision of two staff members. This position is expected to provide financial information to the CEO, Program Directors and the Board of Directors, as directed.
EECM has been changing the lives of people facing the impacts of poverty in Pittsburgh since 1970. We are dedicated to helping vulnerable adults and urban children and youth throughout our Pittsburgh neighborhoods. EECM seeks to make a difference in the lives of the individuals and families it serves by tending to their needs for today as well as their hopes for tomorrow. EECM offers educational programs, drug and alcohol prevention programs, and violence prevention programs. If you are passionate about helping other people and trying to make the world a better place, this position will satisfy those goals, as well as provide an exciting, flexible, and challenging work environment
- Coordination and execution of annual audit and Form 990.
- Oversee timely month end close and financial statement preparation.
- Prepare and present monthly financial statements and variance analysis to CEO and Program Directors.
- Maintain relationships with the City Comptroller’s Office, Department of Human Services (DHS), FEMA, and Dept of State.
- Prepare information for various governmental audits.
- Manage entry into various governmental websites for billing.
- Work with Development and Program Departments to prepare budgets reports for grant submissions.
- Record and track grant funding base in accordance with donor wishes.
- Control the flow of all data into the general ledger.
- Maintain and upkeep of the payroll system.
- Manage monthly account reconciliations and variance analysis for all accounts.
- Oversee monthly billing to city, county, and state agencies for various grants and contracts.
- Oversee and manage accounts payable, weekly cash disbursements, and vendor relationships.
- Manage weekly cash flow needed for general operations.
- Supervise Financial Specialist, Accounting Associate, and HR Associate.
- Oversee and manage ADP Workforce Now platform.
- Serve as a member of agency Senior Management Team.
- Attend meetings related to financial requirements of program contracts.
- Prepare program financial reports as required during the term of the contract
- Meet with program managers to review financial status to budget as needed.
- Maintain filing and archive systems.
- Revise and update chart of accounts as required.
- Review vouchers and process invoices for payment.
- Make bank deposits.
- Maintain petty cash.
- Monitor cash flow and manage transfers between various bank accounts.
- Ensure financial compliance with government contract requirements.
- BSBA in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), MBA, or related not for profit experience and 5-7 years of experience preferred
- Previous experience with nonprofit and or MIP accounting systems and ADP payroll preferred.
- Management, supervisory and organizational skills.
- Ability to interact with a broad range of people from different backgrounds.
- Attention to detail and superb organizational skills.
- Upbeat, can do attitude with ability to multitask and assist where needed.
- Must be self-directed and efficient with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must have Act 33 and 34 clearances or the ability to obtain them upon hire.
Please send resume and salary requirements to: HR@eecm.org
EECM is an equal opportunity employer
To apply for this job email your details to HR@eecm.org