Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week
Reports to: Board of Directors, via Board President
The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Represent the Chamber within the community which requires an understanding of member benefits, the organization’s position on certain key community matters and a general knowledge of local happenings.
- Build new membership and retain current membership.
- Identify businesses within the East Liberty market area that are eligible for membership and schedule meetings, phone calls, and presentations to potential members.
- New event planning and assisting with existing monthly events.
- Make regular phone calls and/or visits to existing members to see how they are doing, if they are aware of the Chamber events and benefits and see how we can assist them with any of their business needs.
- Implement a coordinated schedule so as to hit all members at least one time per year.
- Make at least 5 calls per week to Chamber Members using our Membership List. Purpose of call is to check in: Do we have current contact info, is there anything that you need from the Chamber, are you aware of our marketing opportunities and upcoming events, etc.
- Create and distribute new member packets and membership certificates.
- Assist with marketing of exclusive Chamber Choice member benefits, including insurance discounts and group utility buying plans. Work to promote these benefits to increase the value of Chamber membership.
- Oversee and execute all social media channels including: email blasts; Facebook; Twitter; Instagram, and; YouTube.
- Recruit volunteers for various chamber committees and events and monitor activity as needed.
- Update website including event calendar, home page and addition and deletion of businesses, as needed.
Report as needed to Board of Directors on all activity.
- Other similar duties assigned by Board
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com