Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania
Website Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania
Multi-Service Disability and Education Organization
Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization providing programs and services to individuals with disabilities and other special needs. We are celebrating our 101st Anniversary and are proud of our history! We are looking to hire a full-time dynamic Adapted Physical Education/Special Education Teacher.
JOB SUMMARY-ADAPTED PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
The Adapted Physical Education/Special Education Teacher’s primary responsibility is to carry out an appropriate physical education program with children attending the Easterseals Linda Lanham Zeszutek School Program. As needed, the Adapted Physical Education Teacher will substitute as the Special Education Teacher and will be responsible for a classroom within the Easterseals education program.
QUALIFICATIONS-ADAPTED PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Physical Education required.
- PA Professional Certificate in Physical Education (or equivalent) required.
- Completion of education credits needed to maintain license/certification required.
- Prior experience in providing adapted physical education to school age children with disabilities preferred.
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse History Clearance and FBI Clearance required.
- Passing of physical examination and TB required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Adapted Physical Education Teacher
- Prepare, write, and implement an Individualized Educational Program (IEP) of adapted physical education for the student. This is done in conjunction with the Manager, School Program, the student’s parents, and the student’s school district or intermediate unit.
- Prepare individual child evaluations, participate in IEP conferences and participate in team and employee meeting.
- Interpret the adaptive physical education program to employees and coordinate the program with other related therapy services participating in an integrated program approach.
- Maintain consistent communication with parents and other professional employees involved with each student to ensure multi-disciplinary approach.
- Maintain required student records and report
Special Education Teacher (substitute teacher as needed)
- Implement interdisciplinary aspects of students’ current Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) which includes, but is not limited to: communication systems, behavioral interventions, feeding approaches, sensory diet, and mobility recommendations.
- Assess student development and performance using standardized, as well as, informal assessment tools.
- Complete written comprehensive Reevaluation Reports (RR) for each student as requested.
Easterseals follows a typical school calendar in that we operate from late August–early June. The hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Our full-time Adapted Physical Education/Special Education Teacher works a 6-hour day, 30 hours per week, 1230 hours per year. The hourly rate is $23.92 with an annualized salary of $29,422. A comprehensive benefit package is provided. During the month of July, we typically offer an Extended School Year program for those employees who are looking for summer employment.
WHY WORK FOR US? We have a great team of people and it shows!
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume to the email address below:
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org