Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania
Website Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania
Multi-Service Disability and Education Organization
Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a national non-profit organization providing programs and services to individuals with disabilities and other special needs. We are celebrating our 101st anniversary and are proud of our history! We are looking to hire a dynamic and nurturing Level III or Level II Classroom Assistant.
Job Summary-Classroom Assistant
As a Classroom Assistant, you will be working with children with disabilities or other special needs ages 3-8. As a Classroom Assistant, you would be responsible for classroom duties under the direction of the Special Education Teacher.
Qualifications, Classroom Assistant include:
Classroom Assistant III ($17.13 per hour, or $21,070 per year)
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- PA Professional Teaching Certificate in Mental/Physical Handicapped, Special Education, Elementary Education and/or Early Childhood Education (or equivalent) required (can be obtained during the first 6 months of employment.)
- Prior experience working with children with disabilities (ages birth to 8) preferred.
- Current acceptable Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse, and FBI Clearance required.
- Passing of pre-employment physical examination/TB required.
NOTE: Classroom Assistant III level employees are given consideration for promotion to a teacher position when such positions become available.
Classroom Assistant II ($14.16 per hour, or $17,416 per year
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required.
- Same requirements as listed as #3, #4, #5 and #6 above. A teaching certificate is not required
NOTE: Level II employees are given consideration for promotion to a Level III position when such positions become available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing activities to enhance students’ skills; assisting in implementing the students IEP.
- Providing a safe and accepting classroom.
- Providing 1:1 instruction as needed.
- Assisting in the instructional program, integration program and behavior management of students.
Easterseals follows a typical school calendar in that we operate from late August–early June. The hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Our full-time Classroom Assistant works a 6-hour day, 30 hours per week, 1230 hours per year. Summer hours may also be available.
WHY WORK FOR US? We have a great team of people and it shows!
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume to the email address below.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com