Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania
Website Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania
Multi-Service Disability and Education Organization
Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization providing programs and services to individuals with disabilities and other special needs. We are celebrating our 101st Anniversary and are proud of our history! We are looking to hire a full-time dynamic Special Education Teacher to work with children 3 – 8 years old at the Easterseals Linda Lahman Zeszutek School Program. This position may be at our Export/Murrysville location, our Cranberry Township location or a combination of all school sites including West Mifflin.
JOB SUMMARY-Special Education Teacher
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for their assigned classroom within the Easterseals education program. This includes the collaboration of information with support services and social workers to develop Individualized Education Programs (IEP) for each student in the classroom. Additional responsibilities include planning and implementing developmentally appropriate educational activities that meet each student’s individual needs as outlined in their IEP.
QUALIFICATIONS-Special Education Teacher
- Bachelor Degree required (preferably with major in Elementary Education, Special Education, or Human Services field).
- PA Professional Teaching Certificate in Mental/Physical Handicapped, Special Education, Elementary Education and/or Early Childhood Education (or equivalent) required.
- Completion of education credits needed to maintain license/certification required.
- Prior experience in working with children (ages birth to 8) preferred.
- Acceptable Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse and FBI clearances are required.
- Passing of physical examination and TB required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES-Special Education Teacher
- Prepare, write, and implement an Individualized Educational Program (IEP) for the student. This is done in conjunction with the Manager, School Program, the student’s parents, and the student’s school district (or intermediate unit).
- Implement interdisciplinary aspects of students’ current Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) which includes, but is not limited to: communication systems, behavioral interventions, feeding approaches, sensory diet, and mobility recommendations.
- Assess student development and performance using standardized, as well as, informal assessment tools.
- Complete written comprehensive Re-evaluation Reports (RR) for each student as requested.
- Provide a safe, accepting classroom atmosphere and use teaching techniques that promote developmentally appropriate practices, physical, social, emotional and psychological growth for each student.
- Collect, interpret and report progress of data collected on student IEP goals.
Easterseals follows a typical school calendar in that we operate from late August–early June. The hours are Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Our full-time Special Education Teacher works a 6-hour day, 30 hours per week, 1230 hours per year. The hourly rate of pay is $23.92 or an annual rate of $29,422. A comprehensive benefit package is provided. During the month of July, we offer an Extended School Year program for those employees who are looking for summer employment.
WHY WORK FOR US? We have a great team of people and it shows!
TO APPLY: Please send your resume to the email address below.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST!
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, use of medical marijuana or protected Veteran status.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com