Eastminster Presbyterian Church
Website Eastminster Presbyterian Church
Christ Centered, Cross Cultural Church in Pittsburgh's East End
Reports to: Financial Manager & Head of Staff
BECAUSE EASTMINSTER PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH IS A CHRIST-CENTERED, INTENTIONALLY CROSS-CULTURAL CHURCH, ALL EMPLOYEES ARE TO BE COMMITTED TO THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST IN BOTH BEHAVIOR AND LIFESTYLE. IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CHURCH WILL BE COMMITTED TO THIS VISION, BE WELCOMING AND INVITATIONAL TO ALL PERSONS IN THE COURSE OF COMPLETING THEIR DUTIES. ALL STAFF MEMBERS ARE CALLED TO BE ENTHUSIASTIC AND ENERGETIC IN THEIR WORK FOR THE LORD.
To serve the church by working alongside the Financial Manager to provide and maintain complete and accurate accounting of all financial transactions for the Church.
- Receivables: Receive all incoming revenues including bank wire transfers. Prepare deposits, maintaining complete and accurate journals and ledgers for all sources. Distribute revenues to the designated accounts. Make regular bank deposits. [Count Sunday morning receipts in the presence of two people.]
- Payables: Receive and review all invoices for accuracy, appropriate authorization, clearly marked account distribution. Issue checks for payment in a timely manner. Perform monthly bank reconciliations. [Each check must be signed by two authorized signers].
- Payroll: Manage payroll and taxes for church employees, Childcare Center employees and self-employed contractors. Handle annuity plans, pension plans and personal records that relate to payroll reporting. Maintain vacation, personal and sick leave in payroll records.
- Office equipment and software: Operate and maintain accounting computer software directly related to accounting tasks and procedures. Remain abreast of upgrades and changes and communicate to Financial Manager. Maintain contracts for office equipment (i.e., copier, postage machine, folding machine) and work with Administrative Assistant and/or Financial Manager to evaluate and make recommendations for contract renewals, equipment upgrades or replacements.
- Contributions: Update information for the church membership files for contribution reporting and offering envelope distribution. Maintain a weekly member record of contributions, prepare and mail quarterly contribution statements. Maintain individual pledge information.
- Cash Flow: Be diligently aware of cash flow status, informing the Financial Manager of low cash/transfer needs.
- Work alongside the Financial Manager to conduct an external audit every three years or internal review in the intervening years as directed by Property and Finance Committee
- Attend weekly staff meetings and daily devotions.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and to multi-task
- Has experience in financial administration of a non-profit or small business
- Is proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Is knowledgeable in use of a financial database software, preferably ACS
- Is organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to focus on tasks in a sometimes-hectic environment
- Able to guard time, limiting interpersonal conversation to stay focused on responsibilities
- Proven success in maintaining extreme confidentiality
- Completion of satisfactory background checks, including Acts 33, 34, FBI clearances and credit check
A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration preferred plus a minimum of three to five years’ experience in non-profit accounting.
This is a non-exempt, part-time position of approximately 20-25 hours per week, M-F.
This job description is not intended to form a guarantee and or contract regarding any term and or condition of employment. Accordingly, Eastminster Presbyterian reserves the right to modify or change any and all terms or conditions, including, job duties and requirements based on operational, fiscal and or performance issues or demands.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com