Elder Wisdom Circle™, a 20-year-old non-profit 501(c)(3) is seeking 3 Board members as part of its goal to diversify and expand its Board. Elder Wisdom Circle™ is an online inter-generational program pairing advice-seekers from across the world with a network of older adults (“Elders”) who provide empathetic, caring, and supportive advice based on their own life experiences. (While our Elders are age 60 and above, our board seeks members of all ages.)
Our volunteer Elders answer advice letters via the Internet, offering free, personal advice on a wide range of topics—love and relationships, family and child-rearing, career, and self-improvement, and much more. The advice seekers are those in their teens, twenties, thirties, and beyond, and are generally from countries where the population can speak English.
ElderWisdomCircle™ has Elders across North America who respond to thousands of letters annually. The EWC program and our Elders have been featured on ABC, BBC, CBS, FOX, NPR, and in such publications as the Wall Street Journal, Time magazine, the LA Times, Ladies Home Journal, Real Simple, Glamour, and USA Today.
Working closely with Elder Wisdom Circle’s Executive Director and Board, the new Board Members will focus on future growth and help guide the institution’s mission, vision, and long-term sustainability. See our website at https://www.elderwisdomcircle.org for more information.
- Equipped with previous for-profit or non-profit experience and skills in management, technology, finance, fundraising, and H.R.
- Able to work as a team, and maintain strong relationships with others, including community partners, Executive Director, and Board members
- Able to think and act strategically with an eye on the “big picture” of a dynamic, future-focused non-profit organization.
- Ideally, some skills (or interest in learning) in relationship building and/or fundraising for successfully cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors.
- Embraces cultural, gender, and racial diversity.
- Action-focused upon agreed-upon strategic foci.
- Passionate about our mission and the impact of our work on seniors and on future generations.
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings and monthly committee meetings (approximately 90 minutes each)
- Actively serve on at least one committee and take on special assignments.
- Review agenda and supporting documents prior to meetings.
- Participate in fundraising activities and/or special events.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume on/before April 11, 2021, to email@example.com.
To apply for this job please visit elderwisdomcircle.org.