Energy Innovation Center Institute Inc
Website Energy Innovation Center Institute Inc
Mission and Organization
Launched in 2015, the Energy Innovation Center Institute’s (a 501C3 organization, the EICI) mission is to help solve the world’s most intractable problems by driving advancements in the science, policy, and commercial application of resiliency innovations for humans, and low-carbon power and food systems. The vast majority of our team’s work centers around driving resiliency in humans delivered through innovative, large-scale recruiting, vetting, and workforce development training programs. These programs have a core focus to help enable the underserved, minority, and distressed communities in the Pittsburgh region. Through corporate partnerships, the EICI provides concrete pathways for unemployed, underemployed and others with significant barriers to workforce entry obtain jobs with sustainable wages and opportunities for advancement.
Located at the nationally recognized Energy Innovation Center in downtown Pittsburgh’s Lower Hill District neighborhood the EICI is part of an exciting and innovative eco-system that includes multiple building tenants with aligned missions.
The Energy Innovation Center Institute (a 501C3 organization, the EICI) is in search of a mission aligned Administrative Manager to join our team immediately. The Administrative Manager will join a diverse team of individuals who are passionately committed to our mission and will help build our administrative, IT support, reporting, and programming capacity and overall organizational success.
The Administrative Manager will report directly to and primarily support the Senior Director of Programming with some responsibilities to support the President and CEO as well. Main responsibilities include overseeing general office duties, manage reporting, data base management of program participants and key performance indicators, manage personnel records, payroll, A/P, and provide first tier support of our IT hardware and software programs, and other responsibilities as more fully described below.
The successful candidate must be comfortable in a fast-paced office environment, be a self-starter, strong communicator, excellent team player, and able to complete tasks well and on time with minimum supervision. They will possess an innate ability to multi-task and to manage proactively, they should be results driven and a strong communicator. They should also share our commitment to employing new and innovative ways to achieve program goals and milestones.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Provide primary administrative and clerical support to the Senior Director of Programming,
- Prepare and submit reports, maintain data bases, and occasionally presentations,
- Provide IT/AV tier 1 support for office and program needs,
- Be able to keep a fleet of laptops, tablets, and teaching A/V equipment in good working order,
- Managing grant reporting and deliverables and help with grant writing program,
- Ensure all EICI policies, files, and reporting are up-to-date,
- Order office supplies and make sure office, meeting, and classrooms are cleaning, supplied, and in good working order,
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Database knowledge: experience creating, maintaining and entering information into databases would be highly valued,
- Organize new employee onboarding, maintain HR and corporate files,
- Help manage board meetings and related responsibilities,
- Prepare payroll, and initial A/P check processing,
- Maintain communication with vendors, service providers, and landlords,
- Answer office phones, schedule meetings, and manage meeting/classroom space,
- Organize meetings, conferences, and company events,
- Other responsibilities commensurate with the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Three to five years’ experience in similar position or highly comparable responsibilities,
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred but willing to consider applicates that have significant recent relevant experience that can be demonstrated,
- Some accounting, clerical experience, payroll, and IT tier 1 support experience required,
- High degree of comfort helping with low-level technology support,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with superior attention to detail,
- Proficient data base skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships quickly,
- High energy and positive attitude,
- Ability to work independently and with team members,
- Strong work ethic and a high sense of personal responsibility and accountability,
- Desire to be proactive and anticipate the needs of others,
- High level of computer equipment proficiency
- Professional level abilities in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook and databases.
The EICI offers competitive salaries. The Administrative Manager position will pay a salary of between $45k to $55k per year depending on the qualifications and ability of the successful candidate.
- The EICI also offers a strong benefits package plus annual performance reviews,
- Free parking
- Opportunities for growth and advancement
- This is a job that requires the successful candidate to be at the office every day and cannot be performed remotely,
- Our office location is at the Energy Innovation Center, 1438 Bedford Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219,
- Hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with a 30-minute lunch,
- Paid healthcare, vacation, holiday, and sick days are part of the compensation package,
- 403B saving plan with 3% match,
- Free parking.
- EICI seeks to recruit candidates for employment that represent our diverse community in race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and ability.
- Inclusive and equitable in our recruitment and retention practices, we are dedicated to uplifting diverse opinions and backgrounds in order to grow and evolve as a welcoming workplace for all.
- Resumes accepted through February,
- Interviews will be held beginning in February through early March,
- Target start date is March 15th,
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com