The Brashear Association
Website The Brashear Association
The Brashear Association is a nonprofit organization providing programs and services in South Pittsburgh. Based on the core belief that everyone deserves a fair shot, The Brashear Association provides individuals, families, and community groups with access to quality programs and services that help them address social, educational, health, and economic challenges. A catalyst for change, we envision and support a South Pittsburgh where every individual, family, community group, and business thrives and reaches their full potential.
This is an exciting time for Brashear and for the clients that we serve throughout all South Pittsburgh neighborhoods. We are embarking on a move for our headquarters to the South Pittsburgh Hilltop in 2021 and are seeking a person who can handle the logistics for the transition along with internal and external change.
The Executive Assistant works closely with the Executive Director, ensuring smooth operations with staff, clients, vendors, and visitors. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting the Executive Director and working collaboratively with a diverse team, as assigned by the Executive Director to deliver high quality programs and services. This position requires that the incumbent work in a highly independent manner and must be able to handle confidential documents in a professional manner.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative support to the Executive Director to maintain effective relationships with the board, staff, community partners, vendors, tenants, clients, volunteers, and the public
- Managing organizational calendar and scheduling, processes mail, email, and invoices appropriately
- Supporting human resource processes, including onboarding, payroll, certifications and clearances for staff and volunteers, specifically, organizing and scanning documents, ensuring payroll documents have appropriate signatures and approvals
- Monitoring program outcomes through data management, developing reports and impact briefs for all programs and services
- Coordinating the facilities including the development of a master schedule for building operations and coordinates staff coverage for events
- Managing meeting (in-person/virtual) and travel logistics
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Supporting the Executive Director by effectively managing Board calendar, communications, and scheduling of board and committee meetings, etc.
- Maintaining accurate files for third party service providers; including applications, contracts, budgets, and awards. (Third party service providers include, but are not limited to program partners, colleges and universities, community organizations, governmental departments and offices, and funders)
- Collecting and filing press releases, reports, brochures, solicitations, letters, and direct mail campaigns, etc.
- Providing administrative support to program-specific activities such as the South Pittsburgh Consortium, boards and advisory committees, and public forums, by attending the meeting, taking, and distributing the minutes to attendees, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Managing the donor database which includes daily maintenance, including entering new donors, managing existing donor gifts, running reports, and processing acknowledgement letters
- Providing administrative support for special events and fundraising campaigns, including, but not limited to, as the South Side Soup Contest, Bravo Brashear, the annual giving campaign, by ordering supplies
- Compiling grant proposals and reports for submission
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Experience providing high-level administrative support to an Executive Director,
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments under often strict deadlines,
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment,
- Skilled in multi- calendar management, virtual meeting, travel logistics and expense reports
- Ability establish effective working relationships with diverse populations and to function well within a team environment
- Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals, at all levels within the organization, verbally and through written communications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, virtual meeting platforms, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration or related field with at least five years’ experience preferred,
- The Executive Assistant must have the ability to work independently with diverse peoples and communities; perform multiple tasks often with multiple deadlines; represent the agency to partners, the public, and funders; and address physical building concerns.
- A valid Pennsylvania driver’s license is required; the use of a vehicle is preferred. Availability during evening and weekend hours.
Applicants should submit a resume with three references and cover letter that explains their experience in relation to the work, responsibilities, and qualifications listed here. Applications without cover letters that directly address the candidate’s fit with this position will not be considered. All inquiries and resumes should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2020. Anticipated start date for the position is February 8, 2021. The successful candidate will be notified by January 25, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com