YWCA Westmoreland County
Website YWCA Westmoreland County
YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: YWCA Board of Directors
FLSA Status: Full Time / Exempt (Executive) – 40 hours/week minimum
Work Schedule: Day shift; evenings and weekends essential and required as needed
Location: YWCA Westmoreland County Headquarters
Last Updated: January 2019
The YWCA Executive Director has a passion for the mission of the YWCA, and a belief that the YWCA will make a difference in changing women’s lives and spearheading racial justice. The Executive Director supports the Board of Directors in setting and achieving organizational goals, obtaining and allocating necessary resources, and carrying out organizational policies and programs. The Executive Director manages fiscal operations, oversight of facilities, hiring, supervision and evaluation of staff. The Executive Director is the chief spokesperson, brand champion, advocate and supporter for the YWCA and ensures that the mission is implemented programmatically in the community. The Executive Director actively interacts with community stakeholders and leaders, and represents the YWCA at community functions.The Executive Director, along with the Board of Directors, works to enable the Association to meet its financial, constitutional and legal responsibilities and to maintain requirements as a member Association of the YWCA USA.
The Executive Director must be a strong, articulate and charismatic leader with excellent leadership, communication, financial, supervision, outreach and fundraising skills. Key elements of this position are: overall knowledge and experience in nonprofit governance, management, compliance and finances, board relations and management, development strategy and implementation, program design and delivery, proper use, management, security and maintenance of the facilities; and assuring the YWCA is recognized as an organization committed to its mission by serving as a knowledgeable resource to the media and community at large. An understanding of and passion for the YWCA mission and our social change work are required.
The successful candidate will have the highest moral and ethical standards, self-accountability and confidence. Applicant will be a creative self-starter and a team leader/player with excellent organizational, speaking, and writing skills. They will be required to have a comfortable level with public speaking, managing teams, chairing committees, and working independently, and modeling energy, passion and strong work ethic.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES of the Successful Candidate: Regular duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Demonstrated commitment to the needs of women and girls, to the issue of racial and gender justice, and to anti-racism efforts.
- Excellent leadership and management skills to articulate a clear vision and with the demonstrated ability to successfully convey that vision to the community and our stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategic plans, annual goals and objectives (to include financial, program, development, administrative management, community outreach, and organizational leadership). To be created in partnership with the Board of Directors.
- Expertise in financial management and oversight of a $600,000 organization, including development and monitoring of an annual budget, and the ability to use financial management tools to responsibly inform strategic decisions.
- Proven success at revenue generating activities including securing funding support through grants, corporate and foundation partnerships and major donor campaigns.
- Entrepreneurial experience and creative thinking to enhance existing programs and foresee future community needs.
- Administrative experience in human resources management to include staff oversight, working with a nonprofit board of directors and organizational planning and development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong interpersonal and public speaking skills.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work successfully in a board/staff environment.
Directly supervises Adult Education & IT Director, Children’s Education Director, Thrift Shop Director, Facilities Director, Marketing Coordinator, Office & Membership Coordinator, Bookkeeper, Evening and Weekend Receptionist(s), and Field Hockey Program Coordinator
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive or privileged company information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with and supervise other staff and volunteers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Is innovative; displays original thinking and creativity.
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work.
- Presents ideas and information effectively.
- Is a self-starter; takes initiative when performing job duties.
- Has a positive attitude and seeks to build team morale.
Bachelor’s degree in the fields of business, leadership, education, human services, or related fields. Demonstrated success in leadership, communication, and financial management. Five years of increasingly responsible administrative experience, at least two of which must have been at an executive level in a management and fundraising capacity. Strong commitment to empowerment of women and elimination of racism.
Master’s degree in same fields as noted above. Experience in nonprofit service, fiscal, grant, contract, public relations and human resources management, or community leadership is a must. Demonstrated leadership/track record in fundraising and capacity building. Strong commitment to empowerment of women and elimination of racism.
LANGUAGE, PRESENTATION, and COMMUNICATION ABILITY:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on complex topics to the Board of Directors, stakeholders and the general public. Ability to present professional deportment in attire, demeanor, and behavior.
COMPUTER SKILLS and TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Experienced with the Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to use the Internet and a Web Browser for research and online applications.
- Experienced with accounting software (QuickBooks preferred).
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM)/database software.
- Proficient in various social media forums and email communication
- Experienced in project management, data analysis and budget preparation/review.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
Need driver’s license and access to one’s own transportation since job requires traveling and driving to the different activities and programs implemented throughout the year. Act 24, Act 114 (from PA DHS), Act 151, and Mandated Reporter Training are required because of the on-site preschool and other childcare programs.
The physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SCHEDULE OF EMPLOYMENT:
The Executive Director appointment begins April 1, 2021 and the applicant is considered an “At Will” employee. Due to the nature of the YWCA’s work, the applicant shall be required to undergo a background check. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the Board of Directors, as necessary.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of the Search Committee (via email only) by November 1, 2020 to: email@example.com
Any questions regarding the post can also be addressed this email, Attn: Search Committee and include your phone number in the query. No phone calls, please.
The YWCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org