Website GreenLight Fund
GreenLight Fund is currently seeking a dynamic, passionate, and collaborative Executive Director to lead the next phase of GreenLight Philadelphia’s growth. The Executive Director will work with a Selection Advisory Council that includes private sector entrepreneurs and investors, nonprofit leaders, philanthropic leaders, social entrepreneurs and issue experts to identify critical needs in Philadelphia and vet, select, fund and launch the highest-performing national solutions that directly fit the needs of the community.
Reporting to GreenLight Fund’s National Portfolio Director, this entrepreneurial leader will continue to build a strong, diverse coalition to support GreenLight Philadelphia and its portfolio organizations. This is a fantastic opportunity to work at the intersection of social entrepreneurship and community need, to build and support a portfolio of high performing nonprofits to confront the community’s most pressing challenges.
The Executive Director will lead autonomously in Philadelphia to deliver GreenLight’s Method of Impact, partner with peers across the country to find and spread what works, and support the national GreenLight network.
The Philadelphia Executive Director will be an experienced, innovative, and collaborative leader with compelling presence and exceptional communication and relationship-building skills. While no one candidate will possess every quality outlined for this position, the successful candidate will bring many of the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Authentic passion for GreenLight’s mission and commitment to the Philadelphia community
- Proven commitment to bringing a racial equity lens to their work and deep understanding of how systems of oppression have affected communities experiencing poverty
- A successful track record in entrepreneurial environments holding positions of increasing complexity and responsibility
- Demonstrated experience developing effective working relationships with people from a wide array of backgrounds, leading groups and developing talent, all with a collegial and team-building approach that puts others at ease, engenders trust, and is grounded in community needs
- A track record of securing financial resources from a variety of sources, building awareness of and support for important endeavors, and successfully cultivating and stewarding donors over time
- Strong analytical skills and experience with due diligence and/or grant-making processes
- Experience and relationships in the Philadelphia philanthropic, nonprofit and/or business sectors, as well as knowledge of the critical social issues affecting low-income residents in the area
- Experience building and managing pipelines, especially with donors and/or programs
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and the ability to represent GreenLight Philadelphia and portfolio organizations in a professional, engaging and dynamic manner
- Creative, collaborative, entrepreneurial, and action-oriented with an eagerness to roll up one’s sleeves and work hands-on to grow organizations
- Familiarity with nonprofit and/or philanthropy sectors, ideally with knowledge of the social innovation world and results-oriented, evidence-based program design; passion for and a demonstrated commitment to social entrepreneurship and social change
- Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred but not required.
The starting salary range for this position is $110,000 – $125,000. The compensation package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k match, and generous PTO and parental leave, as well as short- and long-term disability, life insurance, FSA, EAP, and professional development stipend.
Greenlight Fund is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBT applicants.
How to Apply
Koya Leadership Partners has been exclusively retained for this search. To express your interest in this role, please submit materials here. Materials should include a thorough resume and compelling letter of interest. All inquiries and discussions will be considered strictly confidential.
About Koya Leadership Partners
Koya Leadership Partners, a member of the Diversified Search Group, is a leading executive search and strategic advising firm dedicated to connecting exceptionally talented people with mission-driven clients. Our founding philosophy—The Right Person in the Right Place Can Change the World—guides our work as we partner with nonprofits & NGOs, institutions of higher education, responsible businesses, and social enterprises in local communities and around the world.
Koya is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to creating an environment and team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, styles, and experiences. We encourage all to apply because we believe a diversity of voices leads to better discussions, decisions, and outcomes for everyone.
For more information about Koya Leadership Partners, visit www.koyapartners.com.
To apply for this job please visit talent-profile.koyapartners.com.