Website Family House
POSITION: Human Resources Manager
STATUS: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
The Human Resources Manager reports to the Executive Director, serves on the Senior Leadership Team, and is responsible for upholding Family House Guest Service Standards of Excellence while providing support services across the entire organization including Human Resources, Guest Service implementation and training, and Payroll function through interface with the HR portal. This position has regular interface with the Director of Finance and Strategic Initiatives and the Director of Operations.
- Develop and implement full cycle employee relations program (recruitment, orientation, training, conflict resolution, performance management process, benefit administration, scheduling, job status adjustments, exits, etc.)
- Ensure excellence in employee engagement; monitor employee satisfaction
- Responsible for assessing current benefit offerings and making recommendations for updates or changes.
- Maintain benefit eligibility information and ensure timely communications
- Develop and implement Guest Services Training for all staff.
- Process biweekly payroll using a third party service (currently ADP)
- Update and maintain confidential personnel files
- Drive the development and execution of Human Resources policies
- Develop and lead efforts of the Morale and Motivation Committee; implement staff satisfaction measurement initiatives
- Maintain and manage current/archive/proposed job descriptions and organizational charts
- Establish and maintain quality documentation and filing processes
- Maintain an awareness of FH Guest Services Standards and applies them when the opportunities arise
- Seek out and cultivate recruitment opportunities and partnerships
- Engage the HR Subgroup when the Executive Director deems appropriate
- Update organizational policies in accordance with need and timeline
- Ensure best practices when renewing insurance and other organizational policies
- Support organizational goals, events, and other efforts
SPECIAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with people of varying levels of ability and emotional stress. Ability to meet people easily and relate to them in an open, compassionate and sincere manner. Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals both orally and in writing.
- Proficient in using various software packages in order to compile statistics, develop reports and produce other formal documents. Must be experienced with business writing standards and proper use of grammar and vocabulary.
- Comfortable making best-practice recommendations to organization leadership
- Possess ability to organize and manage work efficiently and consistently; and must be able to keep objective and well organized records.
- Adaptability to working on-site (most days) as well as virtually
KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent level of knowledge required.
- 3- 5 years prior experience in nonprofit Human Resources.
- A working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Experience working with ADP or a similar HR Portal a plus
- Working knowledge of payroll-related tax reporting
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi task and set priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate long periods of time sitting and working in front of a computer screen.
- Must be able to communicate in a professional and understandable way in person, via email, and with callers.
- Must have motor coordination and manual dexterity to use standard office equipment and to install, remove and maintain computer and phone equipment.
- Must be able to position oneself (e.g. stoop, kneel, crouch, reach) in order to install, remove and maintain electronic equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to transport self and materials to various locations in order to transact business and/or complete required job tasks.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and/or transport up to 10 pounds and occasionally up to 25 pounds.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions associated with this position.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org