Family Tree Clinic
Website Family Tree Clinic
About Family Tree Clinic
Family Tree Clinic’s vision is to eliminate health disparities through innovative, personalized sexual health care and education for diverse needs.
Family Tree Clinic has provided low-cost, patient driven health care and education services since 1971. Family Tree Clinic is committed to providing cutting edge, affordable, comprehensive reproductive and sexual health services to diverse communities. Part of this commitment is to offer dynamic and comprehensive education services to the community, schools, colleges, parent groups, corrections facilities, and a variety of workshops.
In November 2021, after 50 years in the Mac Groveland neighborhood of St. Paul in proximity to several college and university campuses, Family Tree Clinic moved to the Stevens Square-Loring Heights neighborhood of Minneapolis. The move into a significantly expanded facility will help support the organization’s growth and meet the needs of a medically underserved area.
Family Tree Clinic is a leading reproductive and sexual health care clinic offering high-quality, respectful health care services on a sliding scale. Family Tree Clinic brings a unique perspective to health care, putting the focus on education, accessibility, and understanding. The organization is committed to strong partnerships in the community and determined to thrive in our social and political environment. It is a champion for sexuality education and advocate for reproductive and sexual rights at the legislative level.
Healthcare services include family planning, HIV testing, STI testing and care, annual exams, emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, trans hormone care, and limited primary care.
The Community Education Department focuses on teaching a variety of sexual health classes in schools, colleges, parent groups, corrections facilities, and community events. Staff engage and collaborate with the community; seeing testing services and sex education as an opportunity for relationship building.
Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing Education
The Deaf, DeafBlind and Hard of Hearing Program focuses on providing outreach education and information statewide as well as services in the clinic. Family Tree Clinic’s health educators are fluent in ASL and work with individuals, couples, schools, community centers, and also offer workshops.
LGBTQAI+ Health Services
About 60% of patients identify as LBGT+. The health of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) people is recognized as a national health concern due to a growing body of research that shows a wide disparity in the availability and accessibility of high-quality health care services geared towards LGBTQ communities. Working cooperatively with other community-based organizations, Family Tree Clinic continues to build its capacity to serve LGBTQ communities through outreach, education, and clinic services. They provide a wide variety of sexual health services and specialized care for LGBTQ individuals through all stages of life.
Building on 50 years of success, Family Tree Clinic is seeking an Executive Director to provide vision, leadership and management of all aspects of the organization. The organization is at a pivotal juncture in its journey, presenting the opportunity to become a major force and thought leader in providing affordable, quality sexual health services for diverse communities.
This is a unique opportunity to lead an organization with values that are deeply community-oriented, patient-centered, and person-centered.
It’s an opportunity to be a part of a culture with incredible alignment around values that prioritize equity and inclusion for everyone. The mission of Family Tree Clinic doesn’t shy away from confronting the injustices in the very system it resides in, and it is able to do so from an intersectional lens.
As the professional leader, this person will foster a welcoming and positive environment for all that prioritizes work-life balance and the wellness of all members in the community. The ideal person for this role is a visionary with a strategic mindset who can lead with empathy and vulnerability. They are a strong unifier and people-connecter who can lead and empower a team and knows how to communicate with transparency and authenticity.
- Strategic Vision and Leadership
- Provide ongoing strategic vision of Family Tree Clinic in service of its mission and lead the organization into its next phase of development and impact.
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team, oversee a strategic planning process that will maximize impact in program services and increase visibility of Family Tree Clinic as a thought-leader in health equity.
- Assess and monitor the organization’s business model with attention to implementing strategic priorities and monitoring key income and expense drivers; ensure that programming is sustainable and reflects the long-term vision.
- Value and lead the effort to work together toward alternative leadership paradigms; support and cultivate a climate that supports a balance of power and shared leadership.
- Build and nurture an organizational culture that is grounded in a shared vision, vibrant teamwork, and accountability, strengthened by ongoing leadership development and career advancement opportunities for all staff.
- Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with the Board and ensure open communication about the measurement of financial, programmatic, and impact performance against stated milestones and goals.
- Continue to help build a diverse and inclusive Board representative of the community that is highly engaged and willing to leverage and secure resources.
Advocacy, Development & Community Relations
- Serve as the chief spokesperson of Family Tree Clinic and effectively communicate the mission to external stakeholders.
- Act as the primary driver in donor and partner cultivation, solicitation and stewardship to raise the remaining balance toward the capital campaign goal.
- Serve as a key partner to the Advancement team in maintaining relationships with existing donors and building relationships with new donors.
- In support of the facility transition to Minneapolis, establish relationships with community leaders, funders, and like-minded mission-oriented organizations in the region.
- Ensure that the flow of funds permits Family Tree Clinic to make continuous progress towards the achievement of its mission and that those funds are allocated properly to reflect present needs and future potential.
- Formulate and execute comprehensive marketing, branding and development strategies that will ensure consistency throughout the organization and enhance revenue from major donors, foundations, government agencies, and corporations.
Infrastructure, Operations & Facility Management
- In support of the facility transition to Minneapolis, provide oversight of the clinic and ensure that the environment continues to uphold inclusion & accessibility for all staff & clients.
- Assess the current organizational infrastructure and create operating policies and procedures to ensure clarity on decision-making processes, staff roles and responsibilities, and hires needed to execute the strategic vision.
- Facilitate cross-departmental collaboration and strengthen internal communications with staff throughout the organization; continue to promote a positive and inclusive work environment that supports consistency throughout the organization’s strategy, operational methods, and data collection needs.
- Oversee the financial status of the organization including developing long and short-range financial plans, monitoring the budget and ensuring sound financial controls are in place; set financial priorities accurately to ensure the organization is operating in a manner that supports the needs of the program and staff.
- Organizational leadership experience in healthcare and nonprofit management is a must; experience and/or knowledge of reproductive justice, sexual health services and education strongly preferred.
- Experience serving LGBTQAI+, BIPOC, deaf, hard of hearing, blind and/or disabled communities.
- A creative and innovative mindset; experience developing and implementing a vision for an organization with similar values and constituencies.
- A community-centered, strategy-oriented leader who can think ahead to opportunities for Family Tree Clinic to maximize impact as the needs of the community evolve.
- Experience building an internal infrastructure to support a mission; change management expertise related to organizational structure, processes and culture.
- A fundraiser with a track record of cultivating and soliciting gifts from major donors and diversifying fundraising revenue.
- A deep commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion & undoing systems of injustice.
- A servant leader with a track record of building and supervising high-performing teams; the ability to lead with humility and empathy without sacrificing accountability.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated professional to lead a highly respected organization. Family Tree Clinic is prepared to offer a very attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary of $115,000-$130,000, as well as:
- Group insurance plans for health, dental, long-term disability and life insurance
- 120 hours of vacation leave per year that increases with continued employment
- Personal days
- Free medical exams
- 401K Retirement plan
We strongly encourage applicants who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQAI+, disabled, or have a personal connection to the lived experiences of the communities served by Family Tree Clinic to apply.
This position description is based upon material provided by Family Tree Clinic, an equal opportunity employer.
Sarah Raful Whinston
Senior Search Consultant
To apply for this job please visit drgsearch.com.