For thousands of people and families in our region, Familylinks is a strong connection to a life of health, hope and independence. Familylinks services help those who are struggling with mental health issues, developmental disabilities, addictions, abuse, behavioral problems, illnesses and other life challenges. For more information on Familylinks, please visit www.familylinks.org
The Director of Finance provides a critical service component for the Finance Department as to the oversight of the finance, accounting and reporting activities of Familylinks. The Director of Finance will lead the day-to-day operations of the Finance Department. In addition, the Director of Finance will work collaboratively with the Chief Financial Officer, senior leadership, the Human Resource/Information Technology Departments to enhance and better integrate the Finance, HR and IT functions. The Director of Finance will also oversee the Revenue Cycle Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems to ensure compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements including Uniform Guidance, as well as serves as the accounting liaison with IT for all the financial software systems.
- Provides direct staff supervision of all Finance personnel with functional responsibility of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable (excluding insurance billings), payroll and grants/contract administration and reviews/oversees work performed by these staff.
- Provides direct supervision of the Revenue Cycle Manager with responsibility of the Revenue Cycle Department, which includes the insurance billings function of the agency
- Manages the month-end and year-end financial closing processes focusing on timeliness, accuracy and efficiencies.
- Reviews the financial reporting packages and presents financial results to the Chief Financial Officer and appropriate departmental leaders, which includes analysis at various levels (i.e. cost centers, high-level financials, etc.) and fiscal recommendations.
- Oversees program/grant accounting to ensure proper accounting compliance requirements are met and provides financial reporting information for grant reports.
- Assists in managing organizational cash flow and financial forecasting by working with directors to assess program operations.
- Reviews, develops and implements finance department policies and/or procedures, including internal control procedures.
- Develops budgets and financial narratives for grant applications to secure new and ongoing funding for Familylinks with the support of program directors.
- Coordinates and prepares all annual grant and contract renewals with the organization’s numerous funding sources.
- Manages the completion of the annual audit and tax reporting requirements and coordinates all annual audit/tax schedules in collaboration with the independent accounting firms.
- Prepares all financial statements and supporting schedules for the internal and regulatory reporting purposes, which includes specialized budget and expense reporting to external monitoring systems.
- Works closely with directors to educate the appropriate program staff regarding financial and accounting procedures and collaborates with the same individuals to determine how the finance function can continue to support the program operations.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with the annual budgeting process and Finance Committee/Board packets and presentations.
- Manage, recommend and track the performance of Familylinks invested assets in keeping with policies and investment guidelines.
- Participate in all staff development, training and meetings as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance with a minimum of three to five years of experience in a Finance Management Position or an equivalent senior accounting/finance management position:
- MBA, CPA and/or non-profit human service experience preferred.
- Excellent Excel skills including complex data manipulation and macros.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and three to five years successful audit results; uniform guidance and government contract experience preferred
- Experience partnering with senior staff to develop a robust financial management system
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Collaborative work style with demonstrated leadership ability in a flexible, team-oriented environment
- Excellent technology skills with finance and accounting management software (Blackbaud Financial Edge preferred), electronic health record billing module, electronic payroll systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with government grants/contracts and funding, along with revenue cycle management.
- Ability to obtain Act 33 and Act 34 clearances.
- Be current with leading trends and practices along with experience with systems implementation and integration.
- Ability to meet deadlines along with attention to details a must.
- Self-directed, flexible with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to travel and represent Familylinks at various local external meetings.
- Support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org