Position Summary: The CIO provides overall strategic leadership, planning, development, and management oversight of information technology, data systems and voice communication services. This includes directing all IT operations to meet customer requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions. The CIO will identify and integrate technology solutions to meet the organizational needs of Familylinks, balancing a high quality and efficient end-user experience and fiscally efficient systems. He/she will be responsible for the overall data governance strategy of the organization, and ensuring data security with a strong systems integration philosophy. The position also supervises the members of the IT department. You can learn more about Familylinks at www.familylinks.org.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems or related field with a minimum of 8 years professional experience including a minimum of 5 years’ experience supervising staff. Master’s Degree in Business, IT or a related field highly preferred
- Demonstrated areas of ability include: technical knowledge with personal computers, network servers, remote work environments, health care security (HIPAA) regulations and requirements, cloud-based network infrastructure, telecommunications, electronic health record systems, data governance, internal control standards and practices, IT system auditing, system monitoring, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Must have experience with a broad range of internal and external personnel and businesses/vendors.
- Strong business operations, including business modeling and contract negotiation skills. Ability to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Experience with management of help desk operations, project management, budgetary management, and staff supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to grow the staff members’ skills to meet the ever-changing IT environment.
- Ability to respond to emergencies as they arise.
- Must support the organization’s mission along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony
Essential Characteristics and Behavior:
- Must be self-motivated, naturally curious, and effective working both independently and as part of a team.
- Must be pleasant to work with, charismatic and passionate about IT and able to see the broad picture of the relevance of IT in the strategic nature of the work.
- The CIO serves as a crucial member of the Executive and Leadership Teams and provide strategic leadership to multiple services and agency-wide functions by developing, interpreting and leading the implementation of policies and strategies for success.
- Must model organizational values through his/her behavior; including strong interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and professional posture.
- Lead with drive and purpose to ensure that the agency will meet strategic goals, endure challenges with a positive spirit, and demonstrate self-assurance that humble, but palpable, at all levels of the organization.
- Be present. Support the programs’ IT needs in a mentor-type model with a physical presence to allow staff easily to build trust and confidence in the executive team. Embody the values of Familylinks. Shows staff that he/she is hardworking and committed to Familylinks’ success.
- Inspire relentless problem solving.
- Support technology direction through a style that is adaptable and compatible with the characteristics of each service line.
- Prioritize time and energy based on the needs of the programs, in a continuously changing environment.
- Insist on prioritizing and developing staff to ensure an exceptional work environment for everyone.
- Motivate an atmosphere of achievement through supportive interpersonal relationships, collaboration, facilitation, delegation, inclusion and involvement at all levels of the organization, and in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create an atmosphere where technology supports the human services work and the IT team is a partner in achieving the highest level of program excellence.
- Design and implement a data governance strategy across the agency to ensure a single-source data warehouse is utilized.
- Direct the operations of the network and help desk operations to ensure minimal downtime and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Identify and direct the hardware and software needs of the organization within budgetary guidelines, including applicable software licenses.
- Strategically, ensure that the agency evaluates the technology solutions that will allow it to remain cutting-edge in the field of human services.
- Consistently challenge systems where less efficient process and duplicate entry can lead to error, and convince leadership that change is required.
- Direct and manage network equipment, vendor selection, device acquisition and purchase recommendations, system ordering, and installation of systems.
- Identify and create training plans and tutorials for end users as they relate to information technology needs.
- Participate as a key member of the team in integration opportunities. Develop detailed integration plans, as needed.
- Develop, implement and audit all IT policies and procedures, security standards and disaster recovery.
- Participates as a member of the Executive and Leadership Teams.
- Builds and nurtures an effective IT department with the appropriate skillsets to serve the organization in the best way.
- Manages the departmental budgets within established parameters.
Working Conditions: The CIO primarily works in an office setting in the Familylinks Administrative office location. Travel to other locations is required. The position must work the hours necessary to complete the work.
Familylinks is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Provider
To apply for this job please visit familylinks.org.