Website FHLBank Pittsburgh
The Federal Home Loan Bank of Pittsburgh (FHLBank) is a wholesale bank serving Delaware, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. FHLBank is set up as a cooperative of more than 280 financial institutions. While the main function of FHLBank is to provide liquidity and other financial products to its members, FHLBank also has an affordable housing and community mission. As a result, FHLBank offers six affordable housing and economic development grant and loan products. In 2019, FHLBank’s product allocations total over $54 million.
The Economic Development Analyst supports FHLBank’s economic development products, Banking On Business and the Community Lending Program, plus FHLBank’s new homeless initiative, Home4Good. This role will also participate in FHLBank’s affordable housing initiatives and provide critical processing, monitoring, marketing and customer service to support FHLBank’s mission, principles and strategic business goals.
Primary Success Factors
The Economic Development Analyst will demonstrate proficiency in:
- Successfully completing compliance reviews, project monitoring and funding disbursements for FHLBank’s community investment products Banking On Business, the Community Lending Program and Home4Good. Providing member technical assistance, income and small business qualification determinations, reporting and file management.
- Providing excellent customer service, technical assistance and relationship development support necessary to encourage members of FHLBank to use the community investment products.
- Providing timely and accurate information to support regular and ad-hoc product activity reporting.
- Performing community-investment-related research and development by conducting market analysis and tracking usage and product effectiveness, including recommending enhancements to guidelines, scoring priorities, monitoring policy, procedures and practices.
- Participating in the Affordable Housing Program funding rounds, including application scoring and feasibility analysis, and providing support for other community investment products, as necessary.
- Collaborating with other departments within FHLBank, including Communications, Member Services, Finance, Legal and Risk, to effectively manage, support and improve the community investment products.
- Encouraging innovative community development by forging new alliances between members, community-based organizations, other funding entities and for-profit developers to better leverage community investment resources.
- Five or more years of progressive experience in community development, affordable housing, banking/finance, small business finance, community service or development, real estate, auditing and/or compliance
- Experience in small business lending is preferred; experience in affordable housing, community development and real estate development is a plus
- Advanced training and certification in economic development, affordable housing, community development, banking or real estate through quality training programs
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics or other related field
To apply for this job please visit fhlbpgh.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.