Fineview & Perry Hilltop Citizens Councils
Website Fineview & Perry Hilltop Citizens Councils
Reports to: Executive Director
Fineview and Perry Hilltop Citizens Councils are seeking a Community Planning Liaison who will support community efforts over the next 2 years in regard to the Choice Neighborhoods Northside/Allegheny Dwellings as well as the Fowler Park Master Planning Process.
Fineview and Perry Hilltop Citizens Councils are two community-development organizations located on the Northside of Pittsburgh. Our work is resident driven with 55 volunteers, three full-time staff and an AmeriCorps VISTA. Last year, volunteers contributed over 1,500 hours in service to the community. See highlights from 2020.
In 2018, we completed a comprehensive Community Plan and in 2020, we created a 5 Year Affordable Housing Plan. Our vision is to create a C.A.R.I.N.G community–one that is Collaborative, Advocating, Respectful, Inspiring, Neighborly, and Gracious. We are working to develop our community in a way that all residents benefit, especially those at risk of displacement. We strive to build an equitable and inclusive community.
Looking ahead for 2021-2023, we will be working closely with the Housing Authority of the City of Pittsburgh to build stronger relationships with residents of Allegheny Dwellings public housing community and the surrounding community to design a Transformation Plan for Allegheny Dwellings and how it connects to the broader community. This process is called the Choice Neighborhoods Planning Process. In addition, the City is leading a Master Planning Process for Fowler Park, which is located in Perry Hilltop.
This person will be an ambassador for the Fineview and Perry Hilltop Citizens Councils. They will be responsible for enhancing and establishing new relationships with residents and key stakeholders to support the Choice Neighborhoods Northside/Allegheny Dwellings and Fowler Park Master Planning Processes.
This person should be out-going, radiating positivity and have a caring disposition. Empathy and experience working with diverse populations is a must. Individuals who love speaking with different kinds of people and making a difference in the lives of others at the grassroots level will thrive in this role.
- Attend all Choice Neighborhoods related meetings
- Represent and serve as an ambassador for Fineview and Perry Hilltop Citizens Councils
- Serve as a bridge between FCC & PHCC and all partners involved in planning processes
- Serve as Liaison with Planning Coordinator
- Assist with developing Community Survey
- Encouraging community participation in Surveys
- Assist with developing and creating People recommendations
- Educate broader community of Fineview & Perry Hilltop regarding Choice Neighborhoods
- Planning Process and Fowler Park Master Planning Processes
- Mobilize the community for meetings
- Maintain a spreadsheet that has all of partners involved with Steering Committee as well as the
- Housing, Neighborhood and People Task Forces
- Assist with marketing & communications
- Assist with content creation, providing highlights and updates for social media accounts, newsletters
- Help distribute physical newsletter (quarterly or bi-monthly)
- Share events and programs for residents, greater community and stakeholders
- Provide support for events in relation to Goals of Choice Neighborhoods and Fowler Park Planning
- Processes – to include but not limited to:
- Community Meetings
- Educational programs
- Social Events
- Assist with database entry (Airtable)
- Document and respond to any concerns or problems that arise among residents, greater community and stakeholders relating to planning processes
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Building relationships
- Identifying new partners
- Troubleshooting challenges and problem solving
- Understanding what is going on and being able to communicate about it with lots of different people
- Motivating others to participate in planning activities
- Great listening skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of community planning
- Effectively represent organizations to key stakeholders and partnerships
- Passion for resident led change; community leadership; social justice
- Bachelor’s Degree, plus 1 year related experience OR Master’s Degree OR 5 years experience in social work/social policy, community development/community building, urban planning, and/or affordable housing.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations
- Experience with diverse populations and communities of color
Time & Compensation: $40,000/year, plus a healthcare stipend. Generous PTO.
- The organization has No Office – Work from Home – Some In-Person Work at Community Sites on the Northside
- This position is expected to continue until December 2022. There may be an opportunity to continue in an evolving capacity after that time.
- 90 Day Probationary Period
How to apply? Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 23, 2021
Questions? email@example.com 412-206-9402
FCC and PHCC are Equal Opportunity Employers. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
To apply for this job please visit 653fab25-2f89-47cc-a02b-e05364f0895d.usrfiles.com.