The Focus On Renewal Sto-Rox Neighborhood Corporation (FOR) was
About Focus on Renewal
The Focus On Renewal Sto-Rox Neighborhood Corporation (FOR) is an umbrella organization for much needed social services ranging from food security, nutrition, early-childhood education, support groups and mental health to arts programs for all ages and small business incubation.
The Director of Development is responsible for directing, leading and managing all development activities: major gifts, corporate relations, donor relations, fundraising events, new business opportunities, etc. S/he will develop and implement fundraising goals and direct associated activities; measure results; and evaluate program performance. Of paramount importance is the development and implementation of a communications plan that delivers key messages using all media that exemplify the m,d business leaders, volunteers and donors to ensure program success. Grant writing and grants management are requirements of this position.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Work with the Executive Director, Board of Directors and program staff to set long-term fundraising goals and messaging for Focus on Renewal
- Develop and direct a comprehensive and achievable development program; provide direction to the leadership team, staff members and volunteers involved in achieving program components
- Research grant opportunities and assist in writing grant submissions that support organizational programs
- Establish an annual giving plan, designed to increase revenue year-over-year
- Monitor and report on plan progress throughout the year; adjust approaches as necessary
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies consistent with the fundraising plan
- Introduce planned giving and major gifts programs: report on results
- Cultivate relationships with existing and potential donors and volunteers
- Maintain an up-to-date database of development activity: solicitations, donors/potential donors, sponsorships, etc. via a donor platform.
- Develop a workable process with the finance department to capture and report donor contributions
- Organize and facilitate a variety of fundraising events throughout the year
- Manage one direct report and oversee her/his work with social media, outreach and education events
- Manage volunteers involved with development activities
- Master’s degree; Bachelor’s degree with five years of related experience considered
- Comprehensive knowledge in not-for-profit fundraising and marketing
- Proven project management and coordination experience
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage and manage organization and volunteer staff
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Valid driver’s license, own a vehicle, and be able to provide all necessary clearances.
If interested in being considered for this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com