Focus on Renewal
Website Focus on Renewal
Performs professional and administrative duties in planning, developing, implementing and directing library services for the FOR Sto-Rox Public Library and implementing and managing the arts programming for the organization. This position carries out and helps design the library’s procedures and community focused strategic plan and provides the leadership to ensure quality services and programming to advance the overall organization’s mission. In addition, the incumbent is responsible to ensure that arts programming activities address the needs and interests of the community and are designed to engage all age groups.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Works closely with Focus on Renewal staff to ensure the library programs and arts programs meet the needs of the diverse community the organization serves.
- Plans and evaluates library services to meet community needs in consultation with the library staff and coordinates work of all library functions and/or departments, i.e., Adult, Young Adult and Children’s, Technical Services, Circulation, and Administration.
- Oversees the library operations including, cataloging, collection development, electronic resources and assessment.
- Remains current with professional best practices, participating in Allegheny County Library Association (ACLA).
- Identifies arts programs that appeal to community members and contracts with resident artists to present those programs. Oversees program implementation and manages resident artist staff.
- Administers and writes grants in support of the library and arts programming, including managing awards and financial gifts.
- Directs the development and maintenance of the library collection in formats mandated by regulations and reflective of the community and larger system needs.
- Manages all employment activities associated with the library staff with involvement of the Deputy Director of Community Programs.
- Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program.
- Three to five years progressive experience in a library setting.
- Thorough knowledge of current trends and developments in the library field.
- Proven success in designing and executing community and partnership focused
- Strong people management skills
- A proven record in working successfully with diverse populations.
- A positive attitude and ability to plan and readily adapt to change.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft and Google applications
- Clean Act 33/34 clearances must be provided prior to employment
- Vaccination against the COVID-19 virus
- Resident of the Sto-Rox community
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion orientation
- Eager to adopt and implement creative and trendsetting library and arts programs
Please express your interest by forwarding a resume to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org