Focus on Renewal Neighborhood Corporation (FOR) offers:
A passionate, caring and team approach to addressing much needed social services: food security, nutrition, early childhood education; family support/mental health, library and arts programming;
Mission-oriented work in a dynamic not-for-profit with an engaged workforce committed to serving the Sto-Rox community; and
Partnerships with similar organizations connecting children, adults and families with relationships, resources and opportunities needed to develop and sustain a thriving community.
As an organizational leader, the Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing all financial aspects of the business and driving the organization’s financial strategy and planning. In this position, the incumbent must have a broad knowledge of accounting, financial and business principles; be a strategic thinker and effective leader; and be responsible for ensuring the financial viability of the organization in achieving its mission.
- Direct financial planning and strategy for the organization
- Work with the Executive Director to identify/establish operational activities and set organizational goals
- Establish and maintain financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems
- Analyze financial data and report on financial performance
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Prepare and manage budgets and control expenses
- Oversee payroll processing and benefits administration
- Negotiate and manage vendor contracts/relationships
- Manage direct report: supervise, direct, develop and ensure contributions meet FOR’s needs
- Ensure business procedures meet operational needs
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; CPA preferred
- Minimum of five years of managerial accounting and financial management experience
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting
- Proficient in the use of QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Well-developed negotiation and contract management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines
- Strong critical thinking/analytical skills, high initiative and ability to work autonomously.
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation and be able to provide all necessary clearances (Act 33 and Act 34)
Compensation: Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience
If interested in being considered for this leadership role, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com