Foundation of HOPE
Website Foundation of HOPE
The HOPE Mentoring Program is a pre- and post-release adult mentoring program for inmates and reentrants in Allegheny County that seeks to develop a relationship of trust and respect between a mentor and mentee. The long-term organizational objective is to support successful reentry by offering mentees support and care. We believe mentoring is a relational process that helps a mentee identify and utilize their gifts and talents. A successful mentor is someone who can focus on the needs of their mentee by being supportive, encouraging, and present.
During this season of COVID-19 distancing, mentor visits happen virtually by video visits. This is an opportunity to help combat loneliness by giving mentees someone to connect with, while also providing support and encouragement for mentees to think through goals and next steps after they are released from jail.
- Be present, supportive, and nonjudgmental in a way that builds trust
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Live in the Western Pennsylvania region
- Have access to reliable internet and a webcam for visits
- Complete online training and application
- Commit to program for at least 6 months
- Write mentee at least twice each month.
- Complete monthly reports and required paperwork
In order to become a mentor, please express interest through this post or email email@example.com for an application and to register for a training.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org