Fred Rogers Productions provides quality children’s media.
Fred Rogers Productions (FRP) is looking for a Program Manager for its pilot talent development program focused on emerging writers from underrepresented communities.
Under the guidance and supervision of our Chief Creative Officer (CCO), the selected individual will participate in development and design, manage day-to-day activities, and oversee the implementation of the program. This is a full-time, temporary position projected for 8-10 months. The role is located in Pittsburgh, PA, reporting directly to the Chief Creative Officer in our Production department.
This position is a good fit for a self-motivated, highly collaborative and organized project manager with a passion for diverse representation.
This individual must be willing to follow CDC-established guidelines and company policies to prevent and limit the exposure of COVID-19. FRP has implemented a mandatory vaccination policy, subject to exemptions.
Program Management and Development
- Assists in the development and evaluation of objectives to ensure alignment with FRP’s mission and program goals
- Coordinates development of the program’s curriculum with input from staff advisors and consultants
- Collaborates with staff advisors and FRP’s Marketing, Communication & Engagement team to develop a promotion strategy that maximizes program outreach and participation. Researches and recommends partnering organizations, schools, and websites/social media channels.
- Works with CCO and staff advisors to identify guest speakers.
- Coordinates with Legal on all necessary approvals.
- Partners with IT to research and review online application portals.
- Manages online application portal selection and integration process.
- Works with CCO to set criteria for applicants.
- Manages application process and defines a tracking system.
- Reviews all applications (along with colleagues and independent reviewers), creates database for future reference, and identifies applicants for future follow up.
- Coordinates applicant interviews with program team members.
- Notifies selected participants.
- Secures independent reviewers.
Program Administration & Session Coordination
- Sets up each class session and manages schedule of session hosts.
- Tracks and submits all paperwork and payments to AP
- Schedules guest speakers
- Manages travel for and sets up in-person sessions
- Partners with IT to set up zoom meetings for virtual sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines;
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to work effectively with diverse individuals, both internally and externally;
- Patience, empathy, flexibility, and kindness;
- Active listener;
- Enthusiasm for new ideas, initiative, and strong can-do attitude;
- Proven ability to work both independently and proactively as a member of a team;
- 4+ years of related project management experience.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Program development experience with diverse, BIPOC, or underrepresented community programs strongly preferred
- Non-profit experience is a plus;
- Knowledge of children’s media is a plus, but not required;
ABOUT FRED ROGERS PRODUCTIONS:
Fred Rogers founded the company in 1971 as the non-profit producer of Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood for PBS. In the years that followed, it not only created hundreds of episodes of this much-loved program but also extended Fred’s values and approach to other efforts in promoting children’s social, emotional, and behavioral health and supporting parents, caregivers, teachers, and other professionals in their work with children. Fred Rogers Productions continues to build on Fred’s legacy in innovative ways through a wide variety of media and engage new generations of children and families with his timeless wisdom. The company’s highly-rated, award-winning children’s series include Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Donkey Hodie, Alma’s Way, Peg + Cat, Odd Squad, and Through the Woods.
At Fred Rogers Productions, we believe kids come first, now and always. We connect with them through shows that are fun, relatable, and put their social and emotional learning front and center. That’s how we’ve earned the trust of parents, caregivers, and teachers.
We bring our one-of-a-kind expertise in early childhood development to partnerships with talented creators, writers, illustrators, animators, and producers. Together, we create shows that foster a natural enthusiasm for learning and that make kids smile while they learn big life lessons. And we are always exploring how to make the most of new ways for kids to watch and play. For more information, visit www.fredrogers.org or follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We embrace our differences and encourage employees to highlight differences in their work products and within our overall workplace. We believe that everyone has the right to work in an empathetic environment that promotes equal employment opportunities. FRP strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, or military status in any of our operations.
Fred Rogers Productions is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions shall be based on merit, qualifications, and competence. Employment practices shall not be influenced or affected by a person’s race, color, genetics, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including, without limitation, recruiting, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, assignment, and dismissal. It is also our policy to provide an environment free of unlawful harassment of any kind, including, without limitation, sexual, racial, age-related, disability-related, or ethnic background-related.
To apply for this job please visit fredrogers.bamboohr.com.