Friends of the Pittsburgh Fisher House
Website Friends of the Pittsburgh Fisher House
The Friends of the Pittsburgh Fisher House, a non-profit 501(C)(3) organization, supports the 10-suite Pittsburgh Fisher House in providing free lodging, meals and other amenities to families of military veterans while they seek medical care at the VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System (VAPHS). The Friends of the Pittsburgh Fisher House seeks to ease the burden of our veterans and their families during difficult times by raising awareness and funding for the Pittsburgh Fisher House.
The 10-suite Pittsburgh Fisher House has provided more than 23,000 nights of stay to more than 5,000 veterans’ families since it opened in 2012. With demand consistently exceeding the supply of rooms in the existing house, Pittsburgh has been approved to build a 2nd larger 16-room Fisher House on the HJ Heinz III VAPHS campus in O’Hara Township (Aspinwall). The Friends of the Pittsburgh Fisher House is responsible for raising $3M toward the building project. A capital campaign is in progress with groundbreaking for the project expected in 2023. The Friends organization is assembling a Capital Campaign Committee to assist with fundraising for this exciting project. Led by Honorary Chair, Dr. Rory Cooper, Chair, Sandra Wilder, and a working group of dedicated board members, the Friends of the Pittsburgh Fisher House seeks motivated and influential volunteers to serve on the Capital Campaign Committee.
Committee Member Responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in fundraising to raise at least $3M toward the new Pittsburgh Fisher House in Aspinwall.
- Provide leadership and accountability to your peers on the Committee to meet established goals.
- Participate in necessary meetings, trainings, and discussions to develop, implement, and impart campaign strategy and achieve goals.
- Utilize tactics to raise funds from a variety of sources including major gifts, business gifts, foundation grants and grass roots funding.
- Must be willing to make and foster community and corporate connections to prospects who have means to give and a passion for military veterans and their families.
- Personally, solicit gifts, prepare for meetings, and present to donor prospects for the campaign.
- Make a personal and/or corporate lead gift.
- Work with the Friends of the Pittsburgh Fisher House board and staff to develop leads, strategize and define your role in solicitation process.
- Serve as a visible “face of campaign” and community leader as needed for media and others.
- Willingness to devote the time necessary to serve as an active committee member for the campaign.
- Availability to attend the monthly Zoom committee meetings.
- Ability to use personal and social capital to build the committee, and to open doors to prospects.
- Past participation in a capital campaign preferred but not mandatory.
- Personal and/or professional connection to military a plus.
Submit a letter of interest and resume/list of qualifications Mr. CJ Johnston at email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org