Friends of the Riverfront
Website Friends of the Riverfront
Developing and stewarding trails in Allegheny County.
Position Status: Part-Time/Non-Exempt
Reports To: Executive Director
Friends of the Riverfront works to develop and steward the Three Rivers Heritage Trail and Three Rivers Water Trail in Allegheny County. Our primary programs are Trail Development, Stewardship, and Promotion/Outreach. Our Trail Development Program provides technical assistance to municipalities and landowners to further develop the Three Rivers Heritage & Water Trail Systems. Our Trail Stewardship Program annually manages 1000+ community and corporate volunteers to care for and improve the trail and the surrounding greenway. We also provide information to trail users through trail maps, trail alerts, and other communications.
Friends of the Riverfront’s Operations Coordinator supports all aspects of the organization’s work by ensuring the smooth operation of organizational systems. The Operations Coordinator will manage the day-to-day financial transactions, vendor management, and office management, as well as provide support to the Board of Directors and Executive Director. Some work can be done remotely, however, some office time and in-person staff meetings are required. Our offices are in Etna, PA. At this time we are only able to provide a desktop computer at our office, however, most of our files are cloud-based and can be accessed remotely.
- Manage vendor selection and relations including our IT provider, landlord, bookkeeper, marketing consultants, CRM database provider, telecommunications provider, etc.
- Process mail, prepare and code bills for payment
- Create and track invoices in Quickbooks
- Prepare deposits for the bank
- Process donations, including data entry into our donor database (Bloomerang) and send out acknowledgment letters
- Work with our bookkeeper to run financial reports and prepare reports for the Board of Directors, Finance Committee, and funders
- Track inventory and manage office supply orders
- Maintain inventory of branded merchandise and place orders when needed
- Work with the Executive Director to create and distribute board materials, including board packets for 6 board meetings/year
- Write and issue Requests for Proposal for vendors, including vendors for some trail projects
- With assistance from our marketing consultant, manage website updates
- Assist with fundraising events, including preparation for the event, coordinating vendors, and setting up payment systems
- Table with other staff at outreach and volunteer events
- Other duties may be assigned as needed
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Able to work efficiently and independently
- Must have the ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
- Able to quickly learn new software programs
- Prior experience working in an administrative role
- Ability to troubleshoot technology issues
- Strong communications skills
- Experience working in a donor/customer database system (i.e. Bloomerang, Salsa, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience with Quickbooks, a plus
- Experience with WordPress, a plus
This is a part-time position starting at $18/hr and requires 20-25 hours per week. The position reports to the Executive Director.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
As an equal-opportunity employer, Friends of the Riverfront prides itself in celebrating diversity and does not discriminate in any of its programs, policies, procedures, or employment practices on the basis of race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, religion, sex, pregnancy or related medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Friends of the Riverfront is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit Pennsylvanian Corporation.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com