Genesis of Pittsburgh, Inc. is seeking a board treasurer with knowledge and experience in non-profit finance regulations and practices to oversee the financial administration and fiscal health of the organization.
Genesis of Pittsburgh, Inc. is a non profit social service agency that provides life affirming programs and services to pregnant women, fathers, children and adoptive families in our community. It is Genesis’ mission to provide a complete spectrum of care in Allegheny, Washington and the surrounding counties for those facing an unplanned pregnancy.
The board meets the second Wednesday every other month from 6:00 to 8:00 PM at our Pittsburgh (Avalon area) location.
Board Treasurer Responsibilities:
- Work with Executive Director and staff on the financial strategy and long-term goal setting.
- Work with the staff to develop the annual budget and present to the board for approval.
- Review the annual audit and answer any questions the board may have.
- Prepare and present a financial report for the board’s review at each board meeting.
- Ensure all federal and state annual filings are submitted on time.
- Ensure all charitable registration requirements are completed and submitted on time.
- Assist the board in setting annual fundraising goals.
- Participate in annual fundraising activities
- Represent the organization by attending special events along with staff and other board members.
- Assist in setting board members annual financial contribution obligations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org