Summary of the position: The Certified Peer Specialist is responsible for providing support, referrals and resources for the LTSR consumer. Responsible for the engagement of the consumer in various activities including self-care, self-management and regulation, and the promotion of physical and mental wellbeing, assists in facilitating psychoeducational groups. Is currently in recovery from a mental illness. This position researches appropriate community resources and aftercare services in various counties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a supportive and encouraging mentoring relationship with consumers.
- Promote physical activity and exercise in order to promote the wellbeing of the consumers
- Serve in a peer capacity and support consumer learning through experience/storytelling and education.
- Explore interests and activities that motivate and focus the client.
- Research, locate and share community resources with the consumer.
- Refer consumer to community resources and provide support and follow-up as needed.
- Recommend support networks and assist consumer in making connections.
- Participate on the interdisciplinary team.
- Participate in group therapy exercises and promote a psychiatric rehabilitative curriculum.
- Deliver a competency restoration curriculum or CompKit.
- Assists in the development of the consumers’ wellness recovery plan.
- Support consumers as they transition into the community
- Assist in coordinating aftercare services.
- Advocate as needed to provide a stable transition.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings, trainings and other recommended activities to support LTSR program.
- Lifting Requirements – Able to lift 20 pounds
- Physical Requirements – Ability to walk, lift, climb, and bend at waist
- Work Location – This position works in both an office and unit/LTSR Program
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have achieved recovery status related to a mental health diagnosis.
- Experience with all Microsoft applications and the internet
- Certification as a CPS with Forensic Specialization preferred. Must receive credentialing through Pennsylvania Certification Board (PCB)
To apply for this job please visit gjr.org.