Summary of the Position: The Mental Health Professional (MHP) is responsible for providing individual and group counseling to consumers of the LTSR program and participation on the Interdisciplinary Treatment Team. They develop and maintain the therapeutic milieu.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop therapeutic, supportive, and encouraging relationships, as well as, interventions that assist the consumer in focusing on the immediate topic/objective.
- Provide appropriate therapy modules to meet each individual’s needs, with the goal to build necessary and transferrable in order to manage their mental health symptoms.
- Provide individual, family and group therapy as required, and work in conjunction with consumer to develop a wellness recovery plan.
- Support and educate the consumer in order to assist them in identifying triggers and early warning signs of relapse.
- Focus on Competency Restoration Pennsylvania CompKit
- Complete required therapy sessions, document sessions and interventions, and obtain necessary consumer signatures in a timely manner in the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Work collaboratively and consult with the psychiatrist regarding consumer’ response to treatment to support appropriate psychiatric care and medication management.
- Assist in the coordination and follow-up of aftercare services and referrals.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and trainings as required, Including the Interdisciplinary treatment team.
- Lifting Requirement – Able to lift 20 pounds
- Physical Requirements – Ability to walk, lift, climb, and bend at the waist
- Work Location – This position works in both an office and unit/LTSR Program
- Master’s degree or higher in a generally recognized clinical discipline and registered licensing certification board in the Pennsylvania Commonwealth.
- Licensure: LCSW, LSW, LMFT, or LPC
- One year of mental health clinical experience
- Must have experience with all Microsoft applications.
To apply for this job please visit gjr.org.