Summary of the position: The Mental Health Technician is the primary direct-care worker in the LTSR. This position is designed to provide the daily structure, safety and security for forensic consumers. The care, supervision and the implementation of programming for the forensic consumer is the primary focus of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that each consumer is secure and safe at all times, both awake and asleep, through direct monitoring.
- Promote a consistent and supportive environment for consumers.
- Support nurses and therapists with implementation of treatment plan, as well, as certified Peer Specialist in implementation of CompKit.
- Teach and model appropriate social behaviors by utilizing and teaching life skills.
- Engage with each consumer individually and in group sin order to increase their level of functioning.
- Support pro-social behaviors.
- Report facility concerns to the Program Director and conduct monthly fire and other emergency management drills.
- Attend and participate in interdisciplinary meetings.
- Complete required documentation in a timely manner.
- Record daily activities and major events of each shift.
- Log into internet and check emails daily.
- Set up and serve meals as per menu on a daily basis
- Ensure all food service materials are prepared for return to Central Kitchen
- Ensure that cleanliness and order is maintained in kitchen
- Assess kitchen for overstocked items and report to Warehouse and Central Kitchen
- Be aware of consumers’ food allergies and sensitivities
- Lifting Requirements – Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Physical Requirements – Must be able to walk, bend, stoop, and jump
- Work Location – The position is required to work at the LTSR, both inside and outside
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 12 semester hours of college training in a mental health field or Associates Degree or equivalent in Human Services field and 2 years direct care experience with at least 12 semester hours of college training in a mental health field or High School Diploma with at least six months of trainings in mental health or a related field
- Basic knowledge of all Microsoft applications
To apply for this job please visit gjr.org.