Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania
Website Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania
Member Recruitment Specialist; 2 open positions; Full-time
Position #1: Covers southern Butler and northern Allegheny counties
Position #2: Covers southwestern Allegheny County
Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls in kindergarten through twelfth grade, and our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character. At Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, we’re committed to providing every girl the chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
The Member Recruitment Specialist is responsible for recruiting new girl and adult members within an assigned region. The incumbent will work within the community to build visibility for Girl Scouts, promote the Girl Scout experience, and will understand the needs of their assigned region to best support the growth of membership within that region.
Note: In-person meetings and events will occur once COVID-19 restrictions are lifted and we will abide by PA state guidelines.
As a member of the recruitment team, you will work with other Recruitment Specialists and volunteer recruiters to generate excitement about and increase awareness of Girl Scouting.
- Increase awareness to positively impact membership growth by engaging in the community, working with schools, school districts, faith-based institutions, businesses, etc. and cultivate community contacts to educate on the Girl Scout curriculum and generate leads resulting in membership growth;
- Design and implement effective recruitment strategies for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas to meet goals and objectives by researching market data, membership trends, diversity benchmarks and other information relevant to designated geographic areas;
- Meet individual membership goals and promote the Girl Scout mission by hosting recruitment events in designated areas: including in-person meetings, back to school and troop sign up nights, presentations, and networking opportunities;
- Work with and support volunteer recruiters in assigned area to ensure coordinated recruitment efforts, consistent approach and messaging from volunteers on the Girl Scout mission;
- Identify marketing, advertising, and public relations opportunities that will effectively and efficiently promote the Girl Scout brand and enhance recruitment efforts;
- Responsible for all activities related to the entry and maintenance of council records pertaining to Girl Scout membership registration from events through all steps of the registration and placement process;
- Ensure Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults;
- Degree in marketing, communications, sales, related field or equivalent professional experience;
Or 2 years of work experience in related field of work with proven member recruitment and customer engagement;
- Bilingual applicants who can speak Spanish are preferred for these positions;
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Top notch communicator and can confidently present to large groups;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, Outlook and ability to learn new systems;
- Must possess a can-do mentality, be responsible, and be a lifelong learner;
- Must be organized, detail orientated, and customer focused;
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on-the-road with minimal time in office;
- Potential candidates should be comfortable traveling throughout the designated areas on a regular basis;
- This is a full-time position. Minimum of 35 hours a week with additional and overtime hours during peak recruitment months of August – November and February – May;
- Able to work flexible hours to include days, some evenings and some weekends;
- Have reliable transportation;
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org