Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania
Website Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania
*seasonal -with potential for full-time hire
Dates: June 1, 2022 – August 15, 2022
Salary: $2000 – $3000 per month (June-August 2022)
Location: Camp Conshatawba in Summerhill, Cambria County (near Johnstown, PA)
If you have a passion for outdoor education, high adventure, and empowering girls and young women – and you have the experience to back it up, then we want you for our team! When you work at camp, you’ll build your resume with outdoor certifications and real-life leadership, communication, and problem-solving experiences that employers are looking for – all while getting paid.
As a Seasonal Camp Director, you have the opportunity to help create a high-quality camping experience that is girl-driven and girl-focused. You will work as a leader to create a culture of empowerment and enthusiasm for all campers.
- Plan, develop, and implement camp programs that are girl-driven and girl-focused
- Ensure the emotional and physical safety of campers, staff and guests
- Manage all aspects of camp to include program planning and delivery, budget management, resource allocation, risk management, and supervision of seasonal camp staff
- Ensure that camp and outdoor program offerings are based on the Girl Scout Leadership Experience and leadership program outcomes
- Training provided
- Housing and meals provided (housing can accommodate your partner and 1 pet)
- Laundry facilities available
- Certifications available (lifeguard, archery, climbing wall/zipline)
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Experience in developing and facilitating outdoor education and program for youth
- Experience working with children in a youth or outdoor education capacity
- Demonstrated maturity, sound judgement, integrity, and flexibility
- Willingness to adhere to the principles of Girl Scouting, the Girl Scout Promise, and the Girl Scout Law
- Background checks required
- Have reliable source of transportation
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new situations, surroundings, and circumstances in a quick and effective manner
- Required to live on site June -August
Visit www.gswpa.org for more information about Girl Scouts and Camp Conshatawba.
Girl Scouts is the preeminent leadership development organization for girls in kindergarten through twelfth grade, and our mission is to build girls of courage, confidence, and character. At Girl Scouts Western Pennsylvania, we’re committed to providing every girl the chance to practice a lifetime of leadership, adventure, and success.
Email cover letter and resume to Ian Brown, Director of Outdoor Program, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Camp Conshatawba Camp Director” in the subject line.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com