GO Laurel Highlands
Website GO Laurel Highlands
Deadline for Applications: June 14, 2021
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting with GO Laurel Highlands’ (GO LH) consumer marketing content creation, editing, proofreading, and fact checking for the GO LH destination guide, website, blog, social media, and other internal and external marketing efforts as needed.
Additionally, the Marketing Coordinator will act as support for the Marketing Department and Westmoreland Heritage in initiatives such as website development, social media campaigns, online marketing campaigns, email marketing, graphic needs, and other general administrative support needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist with content development for all marketing efforts including but not limited to the GO LH website, laurelhighlands.org, consumer e-newsletters, marketing campaigns, collateral materials, and more.
- Coordinates data and helps create content for the annual Destination Guide project.
- Regular and ongoing content editing and fact checking for all marketing content; this will require constant research into GO LH partners, local news, industry trends, etc.
- Assist in the proofreading of GO LH Marketing materials, ensuring proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and information accuracy.
- Assists with management of the LH Pour Tour including inventory, tracking, fulfillment, ordering, inquiries, etc. as needed.
- Aid in the development of marketing campaigns as needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the GO LH events including our annual Marketing Summit, Annual Dinner, Marketing Workshops and other events.
- Coordinate GO LH monthly/themed sweepstakes, reaching out to partner participants, select winners, mail prizes, etc.
- Manage the annual Photo Contest, organizing and cataloguing photos/entries.
- Aid the Director of Digital Marketing in the maintenance, development, and constant enhancement of both the GO LH website and the GO LH CRM.
- Manage partner data in the CRM, organize contacts, log data, approve and edit information, troubleshoot errors, enter special events/packages and manage entry guidelines for other staff as needed.
- Travel to marketing partner locations or area destinations to conduct interviews, record podcasts, take photos and develop digital content as needed.
- Act as point of contact for Partner Extranet support, giving tutorials and troubleshooting as needed.
- Help manage, organize, maintain the photo and video asset library, ask partners for updated images, fulfill media photo requests as needed, locate and share files for/with partners.
- Edit/resize photos as needed for marketing projects.
- Create, update, and manage sales forms as needed (primarily digital).
- Manage A/V tasks as needed for GO LH presentations.
- Assist GO LH Marketing Department initiatives as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Web Management, Multi-media Design, or related field.
- 3 years of relevant experience in content writing or digital marketing.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. Writing samples may be requested.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work cooperatively with team members and stakeholders.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Ability to work both independently, without supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and delivery.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Strongly desired, but not required:
- Knowledge of region’s tourism industry.
- Experience in managing content and production for high traffic websites.
- Basic knowledge of CMS (content management systems) and CRM (database management).
- Basic knowledge of HTML, CSS, and search engine optimization.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Premiere and other Adobe Platforms.
- Basic knowledge of and experience with social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Pinterest.
- Basic knowledge of Asana, Slack and other digital communication and project management systems.
- Basic ability to shoot photo and video with smartphone or tablet.
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions:
- Ability to sit for moderate periods at desk/computer throughout the day.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35 pounds, bending, stooping and walking up and down stairs is required.
- Ability to work occasional extended hours and weekends.
- Travel could be required (maximum 20%).
- Ability to use a dolly.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Legally registered and insured vehicle; an annual driver record report may be required.
This job description identifies the major responsibilities and functions of this position. It is not, and is not intended to be, a complete listing of all tasks assigned to this job. Duties can be modified or additional duties can be assigned by a supervisor for the overall benefit of the Laurel Highland’s Visitors Bureau.
To apply for this job please visit www.golaurelhighlands.com.