GO Laurel Highlands
Website GO Laurel Highlands
The Senior Director of Creative Strategy and Marketing fully understands and embraces both the mission and the vision of GO Laurel Highlands, a three-county destination marketing organization in southwestern Pennsylvania.
The candidate has the vision and the ability to be a forward thinking individual who utilizes the current marketing plan crafted by Red House Communications and their own skill set to advance all aspects of marketing to visitors and locals alike. They oversee the communication and creative strategy for GO Laurel Highlands so a cohesive environment exists internally and forward facing to visitors considering our region as a destination. From there, the right message translates into the potential of a visitor becoming a resident, a business owner, and a year-round individual enjoying all our tourism resources at their leisure.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as brand and project manager for the development of creative collateral assets. Responsible for developing and organizing the content then working with agency partners to produce guides, events calendars, newsletters, passports, brochures, etc. as required.
- Develop and lead vision and strategy for communications and content development for all marketing efforts including but not limited to the GO LH website, consumer e-newsletters, marketing campaigns, collateral materials, scripts, and more to unify brand messaging and create voice consistency.
- Manages all Marketing Activities for GO LH including, but not limited to, staff management, project management, budgeting, planning and reporting.
- Manage HR activities pertaining to the department including job description creation, job postings and hiring process, annual performance assessments and disciplinary actions when necessary.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring all GO LH marketing and marketing–related expenses including advertising, travel, equipment, etc. This includes monthly planning, invoice approval, credit card reporting, and adhering to an annual budget – a budget that remains fluid through each quarter.
- Develop annual marketing plan outlining direction for department initiatives and activities.
- Monitor Customer Relationship Management system activities and oversee staff management of the system.
- Individual is part of the Senior Management team and meets monthly with the Executive Committee and quarterly with the Board of Directors sharing all aspects of the current brand strategy status, projects and marketing plan in place.
- Act as project lead for all GO LH print/collateral projects (guides, brochures, sales and tradeshow materials, annual reports, presentations, newsletters, events calendars, ads, promotional products, etc. as needed). This includes brand management, creative direction, RFPs as necessary, collection and analysis, agency relations, proof/press check, plus coordination of production needs including photos, copy, etc.
- Act as project lead for all marketing-related projects including, but not limited to, video/photo shoots, commercial development, website development, research projects, campaign events, etc. including timeline development, cost management, scheduling with partners and/or staff through completion of deliverables.Develop scope and assign duties and expectations to necessary GO LH staff for all projects.
- Develop, as needed, if they serve a purpose for the organization/and or partners co-op campaigns and projects. Assign duties to necessary GO LH staff for said projects.
- Develop in-house and on-line retail for the brand through retail sales.
- Work with staff to establish strategies, monitor goals, budgeted revenue, and expenses for all advertising opportunities and marketing campaigns
- Work with staff to plan campaigns including initiatives, themes, tone, messaging, brand guidelines, schedule, asset needs, and supplemental efforts.
- Work with staff/designer to create assets including scripts, voice-overs, videos, digital ads, print ads, photo edits, and other assets as needed.
- Act as media buyer – meet with vendors, gather media kits, negotiate pricing, gather/complete/file contracts, and submit artwork as needed.
- Attends conferences, seminars, and meetings as appropriate to keep abreast of current marketing trends, including their impact on the membership and region; ensure that new strategies are developed and implemented based on those trends.
- Represent GO LH at commissioner meetings, stakeholder meetings, community engagement meetings/events to show support and speak to the organization’s objectives.
- Manages and collaborates on other projects, presentations, events, meetings and initiatives as necessary through all departments.
- Designs and installs seasonal window display at 113 East Main Street.
- Compile marketing progress reports as needed.
- Manage IT services for GO LH with an outside contractor. Manage all internal software programs and
update or incorporate as needed for growth of the organization.
- Manage/and or appoint a point-person for the GO LH Annual Photo Contest.
- Oversee LH Annual Interactive Marketing Summit.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree required – Marketing, Communications, Graphic Design, or related field.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in marketing and project management.
- Strong leadership abilities with experience managing others.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work cooperatively with team members and stakeholders, as well as interface with community partners when attending events.
- Advanced knowledge of CMS (content management systems).
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and to a lesser degree, SnapChat.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, InDesign, Acrobat, and other design programs relevant to the position.
- Advanced knowledge of web analytics, social media advertising, search engine optimization, and search engine marketing (PPC) platforms needed for social placements
- Basic knowledge of Asana, Slack, and other digital communication and project management systems.
- Experience using a UGC Platform
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and delivery
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects in fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Strong oral and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the region’s tourism industry.
- Knowledge of Project Management Systems.
Physical Requirements/Work Conditions:
- This position will operate on a hybrid work schedule with flexibility as approved by the Executive Director. Candidates should prepare to be available for in-person meetings throughout the region and at the GO LH Administrative Offices in Ligonier on a consistent basis.
- Travel in/around the region may be needed for various aspects as outlined within the job description. The GO LH vehicle can be utilized for such travel if available. If a personal vehicle is used, a mileage
reimbursement will be provided.
- Occasional Travel to national travel and tourism conferences will be required to enhance overall new strategies and trends within the industry.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 35lbs, bending, and walking up and down stairs is required.
- Weekend or evening hours might be necessary for special events.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Legally registered and insured vehicle; an annual driver record report may be required.
This job description identifies the major responsibilities and functions of this position. It is not, and is not intended to be, a complete listing of all tasks assigned to this job. Duties can be modified or additional duties can
be assigned by a supervisor for the overall benefit of the GO Laurel Highlands.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual
orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition,
military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected
classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. When completing the formal
application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering
outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and
its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those
applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a
Please submit a cover letter and resume for consideration to via email to Ann Nemanic, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4, 2022. No phone calls will be accepted.