More than a job. We connect people to possibilities.
Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania is a nonprofit organization that funds job training, education, and other community programs by selling donated clothing and household items in Goodwill stores and online. We offer life-changing work on a mission-minded team. We are 1,000 working as one and each of us is essential to helping our community thrive. For three years running, Goodwill has been named to Forbes’ list of America’s “Most Inspiring Companies”.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities ranging from entry-level to management in retail, human services, and administrative fields. Learn more about working at Goodwill. You can help. We can show you how.
As the Communications Specialist you will employ strategies to increase visibility and engagement with Goodwill’s audiences and implement these communication strategies for Goodwill’s products, services, and mission. Expand your creativity by maintaining and providing content for the Goodwill’s communications platforms which include social media and web platforms. Hone your critical thinking skills through monitoring Goodwill’s branding online and providing excellent customer service by responding quickly and appropriately as needed. Additionally, you will demonstrate adaptability through coordinating online marketing with traditional marketing efforts, as well as providing support to traditional marketing initiatives.
Duties will also include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the development of strategies to promote staff engagement in accordance with the strategic plan.
- Provide content for a variety of communications media, including email, intranet, video, etc.
- Create and maintain content (photos, video, etc.) for all of the organization’s social media outlets such as but not limited to website, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, ensuring content conforms to brand and company visual format standards.
- Maintains the organization’s websites and other online presences, ensuring content is up-to-date and relevant and optimizing for SEO.
- Assist with graphic design for internal and external campaigns as needed.
Travel: Some travel during the workday may be required.
Schedule: Currently Hybrid Remote – Monday – Friday (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) Schedule can vary depending on department needs.
External Hiring Range: $37,300 up to $39,538/year
- Associates Degree’ (Communications, Marketing, Business Management, or related field) with 3 years experience.
- Bachelors Degree’ (Communications, Marketing, Business Management, or related field) with 1 year of experience.
- Candidates are expected to provide current valid clearances (Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprints Clearance, and PATCH) upon hire.
- Must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Ready to Apply?
Click on the below direct link or Copy and paste into your web browser’s address bar.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.