More than a job. We connect people to possibilities.
Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania is a nonprofit organization that funds job training, education, and other community programs by selling donated clothing and household items in Goodwill stores and online. We offer life-changing work on a mission-minded team. We are 1,000 working as one and each of us is essential to helping our community thrive. For three years running, Goodwill has been named to Forbes’ list of America’s “Most Inspiring Companies”.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities ranging from entry-level to management in retail, human services, and administrative fields. Learn more about working at Goodwill. You can help. We can show you how.
As a Worksite Trainer you will have the opportunity to provide structured intervention techniques to support youth 16 to 21 years old with disabilities, to prepare them to move from school to post-school life in their own community through OVR funded Pre-Employment Transition Services. You would also provide job specific training, support, information, and supervision to students throughout businesses and organizations in Allegheny and Westmoreland county to ensure students with disabilities receive skills and training necessary to reach their education, career, and life goals.
Duties will also include but are not limited to:
- Implementing effective work practices for youth with disabilities
- Creating and maintaining relationships with community employers.
- Matching students with work opportunities.
- Identifying or arranging implementing workplace supports for the student, as needed.
- Collaborating with multiple partners including the student’s family, and other employees.
External Hiring Range: $12.67 to $14.50/Hour
Travel Required: Yes, throughout Allegheny county and surrounding areas.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of experience successfully working with youth with disabilities and in an employment setting required. OR
- Associates’ (Education, Teaching, Special Education, or related field) with 3 years of experience successfully working with youth with disabilities and in an employment setting required. OR
- Bachelors’ Degree (Education, Teaching, Special Education, or related field) 1 year of experience successfully working with youth with disabilities and in an employment setting required.
- Knowledge of IDEA and Special Education legislation preferred.
- Candidates are expected to provide current valid clearances (Child Abuse Clearance, FBI Fingerprints Clearance, and PATCH) upon hire.
- Must have a driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- (Full-time) Worksite Trainer – https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/GOO1023/JobBoard/a6390029-ef46-e192-b376-4efc66bb6a4c/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=f313a093-f2a0-425d-ba06-5c9ad3e7e21e
- (Part-time) Worksite Trainer – https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/GOO1023/JobBoard/a6390029-ef46-e192-b376-4efc66bb6a4c/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d6ab9006-ba45-46c9-848f-b544fd143efa
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org