More than a job. We connect people to possibilities.
Goodwill of Southwestern Pennsylvania is a nonprofit organization that funds job training, education, and other community programs by selling donated clothing and household items in Goodwill stores and online. We offer life-changing work on a mission-minded team. We are 1,000 working as one and each of us is essential to helping our community thrive. For three years running, Goodwill has been named to Forbes’ list of America’s “Most Inspiring Companies”.
We offer a wide range of career opportunities ranging from entry-level to management in retail, human services, and administrative fields. Learn more about working at Goodwill. You can help. We can show you how.
As a Work Readiness Instructor, you will provide instruction and guidance to staff and jobseekers within Goodwill programs and the regional community to help clients gain competitive employment. While expanding your skills through include facilitating webinars, providing group instruction, assisting individuals in creating a job search plan, and addressing barriers to employment. Along with advancing your knowledge by being cross trained to provide basic digital skills instruction and collaborating closely with other Career Services staff to provide complementary services to clients. You would be based out of Lawrenceville would deliver instruction both in-person and virtually!
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate classes/workshops aligned with industry best practices to jobseekers and staff.
- Provide expert guidance and support to clients as they create a resume and cover letter, search for jobs online, practice interview skills, and address barriers to employment.
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet varying student needs, abilities, and interests.
- Complete regular check-ins with clients through phone and email to evaluate progress towards goals.
- Maintain accurate client records and case notes.
External Hiring Range: $35,568.00/year
Schedule: Monday – Friday (8:00 am – 4:00 pm) one weekly evening shift required (12:00 pm – 8:00 pm) schedule can vary depending on department needs.
Travel Required: Yes, some travel may be required.
- High school diploma or equivalent and 5.5 years of experience with career services, teaching, instruction, job-seekers and/or digital literacy required. OR
- Bachelors’ Degree (Education, Teaching, Psychology, Rehabilitation Science, Social Work, or related field) and 1.5 years of experience with career services, teaching, instruction, job-seekers and/or digital literacy required.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com