Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
At Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank, we’re committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. Our organization grows and succeeds when all members of the community, where we live and serve, have a seat at the table to help us ensure all of our neighbors have enough to eat. We invite candidates from all diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to race, gender, sexual orientation, abilities, etc., to join our team.
Job Summary: Deliver excellent customer service while providing food assistance and information to families (guests) who seek emergency food assistance at the food bank. Currently, we offer services via Compassion Corner, but in December we are transitioning to our own on-site pantry called “The Market”. This Assistant will support the team of The Market in an environment where the pace quickly changes based on need.
- Prepare food orders for individuals who walk-in and/or who order online.
- Stock and replenish shelves throughout the day.
- Maintain cleanliness of The Market where families are served.
- Assist guests as they make their selections and during checkout.
- Conduct intake and survey guests about food preferences and personal needs.
- Provide information and referrals to other social services for which guests may be eligible.
- Treat all guests and co-workers with dignity.
- Respect the cultural diversity of the guests for whom we provide service.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Desire to bring cheer and positivity to guests’ experience and to co-workers.
- Has energy, enthusiasm, and a “can do” attitude!
- Ability, experience and willingness to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to repeatedly lift and move 50 pounds.
- Ability to reach and move objects repetitively and repeatedly.
- Ability to stay on feet and walk approximately ¼ mile or more up to 30 times a day.
- Excellent computer and data entry skills.
- Adept at learning new software programs, which includes a client record management system.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Act 33 and Act 34 Clearances
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.