Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
This is a temporary position from May 24, 2021 to August 24, 2021.
The Child Nutrition Summer Programs Administrative Assistant supports the administrative and programmatic work of the Food Bank as it acts as a Sponsor of the USDA and PA Department of Education (PDE) administered Summer Food Service Program (SFSP). The Assistant will be primarily responsible for answering all calls and emails from program sites, problem-solving for delivery issues and routing questions and concerns to the right staff person within the Child Nutrition team. The assistant will provide day-to-day programmatic support to sites, support outreach efforts to increase program participation, and support the Child Nutrition Team as needed. He or she works as a member of a team to achieve the goals of the strategic plan of Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Registering new food service sites and completing all onboarding process requirements
- Collecting and entering information reported from food service sites required for reimbursement (attendance, meals served, numbers enrolled)
- Preparing and mailing reporting forms and other information to food service sites
- Communicating with food service sites regarding weekly orders, supplies, food quality concerns, delivery issues and other needs
- Placing weekly and daily food orders with contracted vendors
- Preparing folders with required materials for food service staff training and maintaining training records
- Ordering and organizing supplies for program outreach for Child Nutrition staff
- Supporting outreach efforts to increase program participation (e.g. distributing flyers in communities identified, helping with social media, collecting feedback from participants and their parents/caregivers)
- Carrying out additional responsibilities as determined by the Child Nutrition Programs Supervisor
- High School diploma required
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and comfort with learning new technology
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal and telephone skills are required
- Proven ability to successfully handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented and the ability to take initiative and follow through on tasks
- Possess an attitude of collaboration for working with community organizations
- High quality customer service skills (exhibit objectivity, calmness, persistence, helpfulness and empathy)
- Ability to work with people from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess a vehicle and valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license. Work travel is reimbursed at the federal reimbursement rate.
Certificates: Hiring is contingent on candidate passing the following clearances that are paid for by the Food Bank: PA State Police Background clearance, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, Federal Criminal History Record Information (FBI Report)
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.