Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
The CSFP coordinator will help seniors access nutritious and substantive food items through partner organizations, home delivery of boxes, and direct distribution events by coordinating the Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) in our service area. The CSFP coordinator will work collaboratively with teammates in managing the daily operations of the program, ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations, and will seek innovative ways to increase the number of seniors receiving food through CSFP. The individual in this role will strive to build and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders engaged in the program, ranging from administering agencies, partner organizations, staff/volunteers, and program recipients.
- Coordinate the monthly distribution of CSFP boxes and other food products to thousands of seniors in the Food Bank’s service region in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
- Work cross functionally within the Food Bank and with external stakeholders to plan, execute, and evaluate innovative service delivery models within the constraints of the CSFP program including large-scale direct distribution events and a monthly home delivery program: Coordinate large community-based events with many moving parts; Supervise volunteers; Use route optimization software and client record management platforms successfully; Work closely with colleagues across the organization; Identify opportunities to distribute complimentary foods to seniors—especially produce.
- Contribute to the planning and execution of efforts to grow the Food Bank’s CSFP caseload by coordinating strategies to enroll seniors in the Food Bank’s caseload.
- Ensure compliance with program regulations: Stay informed of program requirements and changes; Maintain a positive working relationship with State entities overseeing and/or administering the CSFP program; Train CSFP community partners and sub-agencies to be compliant with CSFP regulations; Complete and submit required reporting accurately and on time; Process high volumes of paperwork and maintain accurate client and distribution databases.
- Cultivate positive working relationships with sub-agencies, CSFP recipients, and other external stakeholders: Provide training, support, and ongoing troubleshooting for sub-agencies to ensure program compliance and success; Conduct training and coaching seminars for sites that are non-compliant and struggling to meet program regulations; Conduct bi-annual site monitoring visits with sub-agencies to ensure compliance with regulations and develop action plans to improve compliance for problematic sites; Strategically identify and actively recruit new partners for expansion of CSFP in Southwestern PA.
- Three or more years of work experience in social services, human services or a related field
- Experience with program development and implementation preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to diverse populations—including seniors, volunteers, CSFP site coordinators, and building managers.
- Detail-oriented with superior organizational, clerical, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 applications.
- Comfortable learning and adapting to new software and database systems.
- Knowledge of communities within the Food Bank’s service area.
- Must be persistent but patient and respectful in enforcing program regulations.
- Ability to prioritize pressing work and complete reports in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule within a 40-hour work week including evenings and weekends as needed.
- A valid PA driver’s license is required. Must be able and willing to drive a cargo van.
- Should be able to lift at least 35 pounds repeatedly.
Certificates: Act 33 & 34 Clearances
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.