Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
For 40 years, Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank has mobilized the community of southwestern Pennsylvania to feed our neighbors in need and eliminate hunger. Over the course of the past year our mission has been more important than ever due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have positioned the Food Bank as the primary solicitor, storehouse and distributor of food to charitable organizations serving those in need. Today, Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank provides more than 40 million pounds of food annually to those in need through more than 500 partner agencies.
Under guidance of the Senior Communications Specialist and reporting to the Vice President of Marketing and Communications, the Communications Specialist will collaborate with the MARCOM team to lead the Food Bank’s external communications (media relations) and creative production (A/V) efforts to support development, operations, programming and administration goals. This candidate will have extensive knowledge of non-profit marketing strategies to align with organizational goals.
- Shoot and edit video for storytelling on behalf of the Food Bank to be posted to social media, the Food Bank website and distributed to media when necessary.
- Interview staff, volunteers, donors, community partners and families in need for print, video and audio assets.
- Write content for the pressroom, blog, website, social media, etc.
- Create and maintain collateral materials for a portfolio of internal clients including: flyers, brochures, fact sheets, newsletters, website, signage, merchandise, and other communications materials.
- Host weekly Food Bank Podcast.
- Write press releases and co-coordinate public relation efforts including pitching stories to media, coordinating press conferences, setting up interviews for staff and speaking on behalf of the Food Bank during television, radio and print interviews when necessary.
- Assist in maintaining department strategic editorial calendar including press releases, blog posts, videos, social media, etc.
- Monitor media management system (Meltwater) to produce quarterly media reports.
- Ensure brand consistency across multiple outward-facing platforms.
- Network within the marketing, public relations and communications community to develop strategic relationships that will enhance marketing efforts.
- Assist digital media specialist to schedule, monitor, post and report on social media, email, web traffic and google ad words.
- Update and continue to provide media training and resources to board members, staff and volunteers to ensure messages and branding are consistent, as well as encouraging confidence to deliver appropriate messages for presentations and/or interviews.
- Marketing liaison to Feeding America to ensure compliance with their communication standards and coordinate approval for collaborative press releases and media content.
- Work with print vendors to gather quotes on print jobs for collateral material.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field: Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, Broadcasting, etc.
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a Marketing and Communications role.
- Experience with a nonprofit organization is strongly preferred.
- Video production experience is a must.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
- Proficiency in Adobe Design Suite or other video editing software, WordPress, printing process and photographic formats required.
- Demonstrated ability to follow AP style writing for newsletters, annual reports and promotional materials with outstanding proof-reading skills and attention to detail.
- Experience speaking on behalf of a company or organization on camera or at public speaking engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to all constituents, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
- Strong self-motivator, exercises good judgment and ability to work as a team member.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
- Conditions may include working indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions as needed, working protracted or irregular hours, and travel to/from events as needed.
- Must be physically able to assist with event setup and breakdown, including lifting up to 30 lbs. regularly and 50 lbs. on occasion.
Required Clearances: Act 33 & Act 34 Clearances
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/65e34b7d-06f6-4b43-89d5-221e6eedb5fe/Greater-Pittsburgh-Community-Food-Bank click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.paylocity.com.