Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Website Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
Organized, detail-oriented team player with passion for providing excellent service for internal and external customers while creating rewarding, fun and meaningful experiences that connect community members with Food Bank’s mission to feed people in need and mobilizing the community to end hunger.
Shares primary responsibility with one or more Community Engagement Coordinator(s) for recruiting, orienting and placing an average of 7,000 volunteers per year in action with the Food Bank and growing that number in support of our strategic goals. Also occasionally supports volunteer efforts of key Food Bank partners and the Community Fundraising team for fundraising events.
Community Engagement Coordinator must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities to meet deadlines, thoughtfully receive supervision and feedback and have strong interpersonal communication skills to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of people. Position requires an individual who is willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
The incumbent must also be outgoing and enjoy working in a fast-paced, evolving environment, and demonstrate the ability to embrace the Food Bank’s commitment to treat all people with equity and respect.
- Coordinate and schedule volunteers on an on-going basis, or a single event, to provide necessary support for the Food Bank while providing meaningful stewardship and cultivation of Food Bank supporters.
- Raise awareness and develop volunteer pool through various marketing tools including a volunteer database, email blasts and other communications; participation in community events; and by working with organizations that provide volunteers.
- Maintain volunteer participation through regular communication, scheduling, record keeping and acting as liaison between the Food Bank and volunteers.
- Ensure appropriate staff coverage in all programs and events where Food Bank volunteers are scheduled.
- Work cooperatively with all Food Bank departments to ensure an efficient and successful volunteer programs.
Planning and Execution
- Actively solicit groups, companies, and organizations to ensure that the interests of volunteers are served and that the Food Bank remains well staffed.
- Work closely with Decision Support Analysts to effectively and efficiently institute the volunteer program solution, Salesforce.
- Work closely with Repack and Distributions staff to coordinate volunteer scheduling with particular project and assist with proper training.
- Provide seamless communication between the Advancement and Operations departments.
- Act as a backup for the acceptance of food donations.
- Coordinate an annual recognition event for volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in a relevant field or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of experience in a non-profit work environment, preferably with a record of successful relationship management with either volunteers, employees or donors.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills; strong interpersonal skills; ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain positive attitude and work environment; ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to work with communities to engage and recruit volunteers through various channels.
- Experience working with fundraising or CRM database(s), project management software, electronic calendars, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Valid drivers’ license.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to pass Act 33 and 34 clearances.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
How to Apply: Go to https://cssgpfb.sentrichr.com/?requisition=123 click apply, create a login, fill out our online application and attach resume and cover letter.
To apply for this job please visit cssgpfb.sentrichr.com.